1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has anyone used a single Bergantino HD112 for gigs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quackhead, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    I am considering eventually getting two of these cabinets, but right now it looks like I can only afford one. I'll be doing gigs with PA support, so output isn't really a concern. But would a single HD112 be sufficient for a stage monitor for a 7-piece band with vocals? I'd be driving it with plenty of juice so that's not an issue. The band does mostly Latin stuff, so it's not crazy loud. Thanks.

2. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Two would be great or add an EX112.
    Depends on your tone goals. Mid present or lots of deep lows require different gear. Latin music requires some very present bass. For me that would not be enough. You drive the band so they have to feel it to give their best.
    My opinion.

3. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    But we have a good PA and monitors. I'd be using the amp for my onstage monitor mostly. I think it will be fine. Unless of course someone has direct experience with one HD112 not being enough for that purpose...

4. dmrogers

dmrogers Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Eastman, GA
    That's a tough call. Two would be great. Those Bergs are strong.

With my current gig, I could get by with one 12 onstage since we have excellent PA support and great monitors. With that said, I just like having two onstage. I can get a great tone with plenty of volume without pushing my rig.

You could probably get by with one if you have good monitors, but I would set my goal for two eventually. Just my opinion.

Good luck!

Well Quackhead, you beat me with your last post. If you have a good PA with good monitors, I would go for it. However, I still like having a second 12 just in case.

5. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    Yes, my goal is two cabinets eventually. The extra headroom that two cabinets provides is nice. But we have a nice PA and monitors and I'd rather wait to commit to a second cabinet until we start making some money. :D