Has anyone used Bass + Groovebox?

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by chaosMK, Aug 2, 2005.

1. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I have been interested in trying out some solo stuff using a groovebox in conjunction with my bass/vocals. I recently got an old MC-303 off ebay for dirt cheap and without an adapter, only to find that an adapter is about as much as I got it for! So I havent had a chance to try this out and am a little discouraged about having to shell out more cash.

Has anyone tried this out?
  2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Sounds like fun! I say give it a try whenever you have the cash. If it doesn’t work out you can always re-sell the MC303.
  3. endlessbassic

Dec 23, 2004
    I know it's 'ugly' to suggest, and i know that a lot of these types of parts are overly proprietary, but here's an idea: you could hard wire a 12v (i think that's the power requirement for the 303) adaptor directly to the board with a 'grommet' where the power input jack once was (mostly to protect the wire, as well as to prevent it form pulling on the board itself). Not at all a great suggestion, i know, but a very cheap way to get yourself working stat, as that's the name of the game, right? Just don't move it around a bunch..

Otherwise, you could search through the racks at Radio Shack for a plug that would fit, and then solder it to whatever power source is appropriate (which i think they also have)..

Hope that helps.. i'm very into the idea of Bass & Drum Machine.. my trusty Electro Harmonix DRM-32 has never let me down!
  4. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    I have a few multi-purpose, switchable DC converters. They're quite handy to have around incase you lose or damage a wall wart.