1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Has anyone used Bass + Groovebox?

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by chaosMK, Aug 2, 2005.

1. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I have been interested in trying out some solo stuff using a groovebox in conjunction with my bass/vocals. I recently got an old MC-303 off ebay for dirt cheap and without an adapter, only to find that an adapter is about as much as I got it for! So I havent had a chance to try this out and am a little discouraged about having to shell out more cash.

Has anyone tried this out?

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Sounds like fun! I say give it a try whenever you have the cash. If it doesn’t work out you can always re-sell the MC303.

3. endlessbassic

endlessbassic

Dec 23, 2004
    I know it's 'ugly' to suggest, and i know that a lot of these types of parts are overly proprietary, but here's an idea: you could hard wire a 12v (i think that's the power requirement for the 303) adaptor directly to the board with a 'grommet' where the power input jack once was (mostly to protect the wire, as well as to prevent it form pulling on the board itself). Not at all a great suggestion, i know, but a very cheap way to get yourself working stat, as that's the name of the game, right? Just don't move it around a bunch..

Otherwise, you could search through the racks at Radio Shack for a plug that would fit, and then solder it to whatever power source is appropriate (which i think they also have)..

Hope that helps.. i'm very into the idea of Bass & Drum Machine.. my trusty Electro Harmonix DRM-32 has never let me down!

4. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    I have a few multi-purpose, switchable DC converters. They're quite handy to have around incase you lose or damage a wall wart.