Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has anyone wondered about my new sig file?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gard, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Here it is:

"In my mind I'm goin' to Carolina"

Well, in a few weeks, it won't be just "in my mind".

As of the 29th of April, I will no longer be at Bass Central, I am moving to Greensboro, NC to take a new job.

I have been at Bass Central for over 4 years, and have enjoyed those years, particularly helping all my fellow TBer's out with getting stuff. I know for a fact that the guys at BC will continue to be as helpful as possible in the future.

This was a very difficult decision in some ways, and in others it was a very simple one. I'll miss the regular calls from TBer's, the good feeling from seeing one of you post here about being happy with something we were able to help them find. That said, the new job is going to be a real blast, and a great challenge, one that I am looking forward to immensely.

So, what is this magical new gig? (Some of you probably have already figured this out from the location! ;) )

I am going to be the Sales/General Manager at Roscoe Guitars.

:hyper:

...I'm still shaking my head in wonder and amazement at my good fortune, and I hope to live up to the challenge. I am looking forward to working for Keith, he's one of the nicest people I've ever met, and in my opinion a genius at what he does. I'm honored that he has chosen to make me a part of that.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Christ. I try to get away from you, but you just keep following me...

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Wow dude... though I can't say that's much of a shocker ;). I bet they fired you though, and Keith jumped on the opportunity :p. Anyway, cool gig, congrats!

Ray

4. Can't wait for the custom Roscoe Gard signature bass to hit the market. :hyper: :hyper:

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Good luck with the new Gig. Keith's definately getting a quality employee.

We're gonna definately have to throw ya a little shindig before you depart. Its non negotiable and at your place. :p

And remember to leave the back door unlocked on your last night there. :eyebrow:

6. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    On a side note, did you know that James Taylors favorite song of his own to play?

Congratz on the new gig, fell in love with his basses the first time I saw one, let alone heard it :)

7. Incredible good news my friend. This has been a pretty big year of change for everyone hasn't it?

I gotta get my ass in gear!

8. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    So YOU'RE the guy, eh?!?! :D Well...in that case, get your digital camera warmed up 'cause I want TOPS, TOPS, and MORE TOPS!!! :D Seriously....you think I'm joking. Keith told me this week that he was hiring someone to deal with me "specifically", so start diggin' through those stacks of wood and hook me up already.

Congrats, and I look forward to hearing from you soon...we have things to take care of. :smug:

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Looks like you are excited about the new position Gard, so good for you. I never followed through and bought something from you, but you were always cool about helping me out.

-Mike

10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Good Luck with your move and stay sharp at the new Job. Rock On!

11. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Gard,

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that you hooked up with a nice gig! Many TBers will miss you being at Bass Central though. You always gave us such great deals. Thanks again with setting me up with my Lakland and Eden head.

Well I can tell you what's going to happen over the next year or so.... I bet there's going to be a lot more TBers playing them Roscoes in the near future! hehehe

:eyebrow: :bawl: :eyebrow:

12. Andy Cleaver

Andy Cleaver A show of hands....

Dec 16, 2004
    England, Midlands
    Best of luck with that Gard! Sounds like a killer job and hope you really enjoy it. Best of luck :)!

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Guys, thanks. :)

FL TBer's, I will TRY to have a small GTG for those that are interested the weekend of the 23rd/24th, most likely Sunday afternoon. Cass, no, I won't be leaving my back door unlocked afterward. :spit:

Juneau, yes, I did know that James really loves that song, it is actually one of my favorites too, and not because of this! ;)

Hammy, I 'spect a visit buddy! ;) When are you clowns in Hot'lanta gonna toss another GTG??? I'll be there man! (Greensboro is a good bit closer than Orlando is!)

Mike, don't worry dude, I don't think folks are cool or not because they bought something from me....but guys that start rants about my team's coach (deserved or not ;) ), that's another story!!! :spit:

P., thanks! :)

Gil, keep going back to the BC guys, they'll all take good care of ya!

Andy, yeah, killer job in that it may be the death of me! ;)

...you....sigh....

Remember, I warned you that revenge was in order for that Pink Ivorywood bass??? Hmm???

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????

MMMMMUAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:bag:

...I knew you were gonna keep me hoppin'!

14. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Great goin, Gard! And let me thank you for the awesome service from you at Bass Central (minus the GIANT smudge! Whatdja do?!? Lick it?). Seriously - I dig the bass, and you helped me out big time.

Good luck at the new gig!

15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Thanks Pac! Glad the bass is makin' ya happy, I know I love my Standard, great basses.

No, I didn't lick it!

:p

Just figured a little chicken grease would make it play those grooves a bit...well....greasier!

;)

(Just kiddin', not sure what that was...I just rubbed my hand across the body, really!)

16. billbern

billbern

Sep 11, 2004
    Daytona Beach, Fl
    Endorsing: Inearz In-ear Monitors
    Hey Gard,
    cool beans, you got a thing for being surrounded by beautiful instruments, don't ya. I'm sure he knows already, but if not keith will soon know how lucky he is to have you there.

Bill

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, man!:cool:

You go from having one of the coolest jobs in the world, to having an even cooler one!

If I ever financially get to the point where I can afford another high end bass, Roscoe is definitely on my short list.

18. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

All the best Gard in your new venture. :)

19. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    I was wonderin' what "commercial user" meant...

Congrats Gardly, and good luck!