1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has Fender ever.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MascisMan, Jun 23, 2007.

1. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    made a Precision bass with a maple neck and black block inlays? :confused:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The closest they get is the Big Block, which is rosewood with pearloid inlays. But not with maple/black.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Never even thought to consider what Fender Japan is doing. Wow, what a crock! They sell them in Japan but not here? Not a look I care for but geez, I'm beginning to feel deprived here in the country of Fender's origin.

4. wheresmyric

wheresmyric

Apr 16, 2006
    Whe I saw that post, I wanted one too. Ishibashi still has a couple left.

5. do you think it's ironice that CIJ basses look a lot cooler than the MIA or MIM and cost less than MIA?

6. LOL...
    You think YOU'RE deprived...

Come to Australia and learn to pay DOUBLE for nearly EVERYTHING :p

;)

7. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Hmmm I went to the Ishibashi site and saw their P-basses but couldn't find the one with the maple/black blocks. Am I looking in the wrong section? I found the 70's reissue with the dots and 57/62 reissues....

8. wheresmyric

wheresmyric

Apr 16, 2006
    I received a response from Ishibashi to my email on 6/21/07. They were out of the dots in natural finish and expect more units in July. The blocks were "in stock but not many."

9. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Inactive

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    The USA made it in 1970.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021