Has Seymour Duncan ever made a pedal version of their 3band eq?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rickter, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Rickter

Rickter

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Crazy question I know... I've tried several bases with the Duncan 3 band eq with it's "slap switch" and I have typically liked what I have gotten out of it. However, I don't want to make my passive bass an active one, which got me to thinking about whether Duncan had ever made a pedal version of it's 3 band eq circuit. Anyone know?

2. Have not seen one but it could be installed in a box by someone clever.

3. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    it would be super simple to make it into a pedal.

4. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    You mean ,like Aguilar made the ToneHammer on the OBP-3 platform? (with the add of a sweepable mid freq. control,not just two fixed freqs as found on the onboard preamp)
    ....well,AFAIK,no.
    As other comments suggested,boxing a SD onboard preamp as to take a stomp box shape is a piece of cake.You'll need,however,two switches on that box if you want to preserve full functionality of the circuit (on-off and slap contour switches).

5. Zoobiedood

Zoobiedood Commercial User

Sep 1, 2015
    Writer/Ambassador/Artist/Resident Bass Expert for Seymour Duncan
    I don't think we have, but there are tons of EQ pedals out there...some sort of parametric EQ pedal would do it.

6. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    Paranormal Bass EQ direct box. They're discontinued, but can be found used.

7. dinoadventures

dinoadventures Feets don't fail me now!

Jul 10, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    I have heard tell of this bass parametric EQ.

peq.jpg

8. Would love to try the Broughton.

Another good 'n is the Empress ParaEQ, which has a selectable independent/dependent clean boost as well.

[​IMG]

The neat thing about boxing the Seymour Duncan 3-band is you could make the "slap switch" a stomper — so a two-stomper pedal: on/off, slap/no slap.

Zoobiedood and dinoadventures like this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 7, 2021