Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

has this been done before?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Mar 10, 2004.

1. hello, i am wondering if there has ever been a distortion pedal that has either a built in or input jack for an expression pedal that controls the gain? or maybe the blend? just wondering, because that would be a cool idea. (or maybe just a good conversation starter?!)

Charlie

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Akai just discontinued a distortion pedal with a built in expression pedal. I recall a few others in the past. Surprisingly the idea has never been too successful!!!

Most multieffects pedals that have an expression pedal built in (or have a jack for one) let you control distortion level with it.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    It's a modification that can be made. Not cheap, but it can be done.

4. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    My BP-200 multi-fx pedal does it. It sounds cool, but I can't imagine what I would do with it on stage.

5. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

The SWR IOD has an input for an expression pedal that blends clean an distortion.

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I've got a Digitech RPx400 that does that well and a lot of other weird stuff, also. But its not a bass pedal. Strips out all the lows. Come in handy when looping.