1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Has this ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by v1paul, Apr 9, 2009.

1. v1paul

v1paul

Apr 9, 2009
    Today I got my two week old Squier P Bass out of the case the play for a bit. When I got it out I noticed the E string had sort of unravelled at the headstock. I took the string off and took a couple of photos of it which are in the attachments. Do you reckon that either Squier/Fender or the shop where I bought it which was Nevada Music will replace it for free cos it didn't even happen when I was playing.

Attached Files:

2. v1paul

v1paul

Apr 9, 2009
    I should probably add that when I tried to tighten it, it just unravelled even more

3. it just happens sometimes bad strings its not the bass just get new strings

4. You will probably have to buy new strings, but if the store is cool they'll show you how to put the strings on correctly for free. I'd recomend getting a whole new set. D'Addario strings are relatively inexpensive and are of good quality.

5. v1paul

v1paul

Apr 9, 2009
    kk, cheers

6. atheos

atheos

Sep 28, 2008
    Tampere, Finland
    Oh has THAT ever happened? Gee, I've lost count. That's how a string breaks, the core just snaps and the result is that. Get new strings, make sure they're not too heavy gauge for your tuning, check how they're installed correctly and be careful not to tune them too high.