Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Has your attraction to people changed?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Aug 24, 2005.

1. I know, its a strange question, but have you found that your taste in partners has changed as you mature?

2. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    I'm only seventeen, but yup. Most definately. A couple of years ago, anybody i looked at were angry, destructive and violent, then i went for the pretty, popular hirls, no luck there, now i'm with someone caring and who is good for me.

3. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Yes, I find my tastes have broadened. I used to prefer a certain look or type. Now Im more open minded. But no matter what, my wife is still smoking in my eyes.

4. I used to be really picky about who I looked at. Now after being married I'll check anybody out. :eek:

Just kidding, I only look at pretty women to prove to myself that my wife is still the most beautiful woman in the world.

Randy

5. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

I've always been prety reserved & shy with my taste in women, but I'm one of the most outgoing people my friends know... it's really wierd how I can't bring myself to actually get the guts up to even talk to a girl, but I can talk to anyone else in the world easily!

I tend to pass up a lot of chances that I should otherwise take up cos I don't think they're 'perfect'... I dunno... I shouldn't, cos I regret it later on.

Aesthetically, I've always been into red heads, still am... but I always end up with blondes?! Always liked slim girls... but in terms of attitude... I prefer someone who's mature and sensible than fun and outgoing now... suppose I need someone like that to fit in with my lifestyle ;) If they're fun too, even better!

6. I have become more closed-minded, in that I will not tolerate someone who is selfish for one moment. The years have taught me that.

Thank you, years. :)

I still strongly prefer women of Mediterranean descent.

Always have. ;)

Mike

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I would have thought that if your tastes really had matured, then you wouldn't be changing partners!! ;)

8. I always thought it would be cool to date a stripper. People think they're loose and slutty, but that's not true. Every one I've ever known refused my sexual advances, so I think in reality they're quite chaste, although rather outgoing in nature.

Randy

9. Randy, wrong spelling there; it should be chased. :D

Mike :D

10. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

Or maybe you're repulsively ugly? :p

No offence dude! :p

11. Bruce Lindfield

Doesn't sound like very mature behaviour anyway!! ;)

12. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Well, I've been married for 3 years, and been with the same woman for 10, so I guess I can't really answer the question! ;)

13. Danksalot

Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Endorsing Artist: SIT Strings
    Well, I love my wife more now than I did last week. I loved her more last week than the one before. I guess you could say that I've started to like an older woman than I married. As long as my wife keeps getting older, I'm going to make sure that my tastes go right along with her.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Definitely for me. The girl I was in love with when I was 18 is not what I want in a wife now. I am actually really happy that I did not marry that girl back then. One of the smartest things I did in my life was wait until I was 25 to get married.

-Mike

15. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

You Sir, are true inspiration. I shall continue to wait for the right lady until she arrives :)

16. Let's bump this thread.

Come on, people, we need more responses than this. :)

Mike

17. Bruce Lindfield

Well the original question said "...as you mature" - so I think the lack of responses, indicates a lack of people who consider that they have in any way matured yet!! ;)

18. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    i like girl that have some meat on their bones and are a little shorter then me... maybe somewhere in the 5'9 range...im 6'

all my past girlfriends have been 105lbs and 5'4

lol iv come to realise that a girl is a girl and its just the connection that matters :)

and also what it is is that when i was yonger (i'll be 20 in dec) id just go out with girls that i was friends with first... now that im older ill talk any good looking girl......well iv been single for a year and a half but yea... lol

19. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    My taste is for my wife, unless she makes enchiladas verdes, then I just forget about her.

20. jrduer

jrduer

Jun 27, 2005
    Georgetown, TX
    As I always say, "I may grow older, but I'll never grow up!" :spit:

~John