hate local theater (LOTR)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by c_suders, Dec 17, 2002.

1. c_suders

Sep 13, 2001
    Shippensburg, PA
    warning:this is the story of my crappy afternoon, its long, but i need to vent.

okay so i'm sitting in my calc. class today i look at the clock it reads 12:00, i'm like sweet, only 12 hours and i can go. all of my friends and i were planning to go see lord of the rings the two towers tonight at midnight. a few of us offered to be the ones to sit in line and get tickets for everyone else. we we have the money in our pockets for 53 movie tickets. so we leave school drive up to the mall after school. we get there about 3, the box office was supposed to open up at 6:30. when we walked in there were already about 60 people sitting there waiting. we we take our place in line sit down on the floor and start waiting. we are there and all of the staff start getting there about 6. we start to plan the rest of the evening getting the tickets then going grabbing some food, comming back about 10 to get in line to actually get intyo the movie. so at 6:20 the manager opens the door sticks his head out and is like "if you guys are here for lord of the rings i'm sorry but we won't be reciving out film untill 2am and we won't have a showing untill noon tomorrow. the film truck is running late." needless to say he had a very unhappy group of people. some had been there since that morning. so we hurry up and call everyone that gave us money to get tickets to tell them. we deiced to call arround to other theaters and find out if they are having there's and mayve go somewhere else. every one within 150 miles WAS having theres but was also sold out by the time we called. we were all planning to take the day off tomorrow anyway so we are going to the noon showing. its just the idea that they advertised the midnight showing for a month then don't have it. i can imagin the people who show up at 11 that don't know will be very unhappy too.
    wow if you read this far i am impressed and thanks for caring.
  2. How DARE they advertise for a showtime when they KNEW months ahead of time that the film delivery person was going to be LATE!:rolleyes:

As a representative of a lowly local theater workers across America, let me say, I hate you and EVERYTHING you stand for.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Sea Stutters thats a stinker....it happens, don't worry, you'll see your LoTR yet.
  4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    yeah, I can see why your local theatre sucks. Since the guy who delivers the film is late.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Let's all ask Neptoon to nuke it for you! What is that stupid theater's longitude and latitude?
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Why don't you just wait for it to come out on Video? Then there's no Pressure.
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    c'mon guys, i'd be pretty pissed if this happened too.

my advice is to go down to that theater with the ole' vorpal sword and pop off his head - POP -.

;) don't worry, you'll see it today, and it's worth the wait.
  8. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I'd be pissed off myself if that happend to me.

Try to put a postive spin on it though. You'll still get to see it. And as JT said, its definatly worth the wait.
  9. tahts so sucky! i know a few people that signed out and took the bus to the theaters at my school, but me? i'm waiting, its tradition that me and my oldest brother go and see it, we never do anything together and now hes in university, theres always been an age gap between us so we could never relaly have anything we could both do, so it kinda brings us together.
  10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    john, thank you for telling me this little tidbit...for the first time in months I think I just simaltaneously ****,pissed and drooled myself stupid :D

that is if you are talking about something that is going to happen in the two towers...if not then I just un-defecated,un-urinated, and de-drooled myself all at onec ;)
  11. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yep, there's heads a-poppin in the movie, that's for sure.
  12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    well I still have doubt...so I'll only re**** myself...thanks john :D
  13. Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Great movie!
    It's worth it.....hardcore!
    I'd go see it again, but I've already spent too much over my 10 buck a week subway budget! :D

I was thinkin' of startin' a LOTR thread, but eh, no need. It was a real good movie though. Can't wait for the next one! I'm glad I read the books! :)
  14. It's not every day you sit through a 3 hour movie and can't wait to see it again. :D

I even got to be on the news as I was leaving the show, so I'm a big star now. :cool:
  15. ::comic book store guy voice::

Best Movie EVER!!

Until Return of the King maybe maybe maybe...damn now we have to wait another year for the end. Guess we'll have to watch this one again and again till then. I bet all those that didn't read the book are pissed cause they still don't know the ending :D hehehe.
    The funniest thing happened at the midnight showing I attended last night. As soon as Legolas popped on the screen, a bunch of the girls whistled and cheered. When Gimli came next, myself and a bunch of other guys whitsled and went "Eeeow" and everyone in there laughed at the mocking of the girls and their pretty elf boy.
  16. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    That movie was great. I saw it in Fremont after school got out yesterday. I thought it was great. I'm just pissed that I'll have to wait a year to see that big spider. :( Gimli ruled though. I thought they pulled off the "competition" between Gimli and Legolas off perfectly.
  17. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Went up to Mesquite last nite to see it. Wow, heads did roll. My friends b-day was yesterday, so it was a group of guys that went, with his younger sis and her friend, but it was still good.

Another positive note, I figured out a way to smuggle in Slim Jim beef sticks:D

No, not THAT way!:eek:

18. Phew......:eek:
  19. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, i thought that the movie pulled off that competition even better than in the book. that whole situation is a bit...juxtaposed...to the massive war of utmost severity that is happening around them.

and any movie with dwarf-tossin' excitement is a-ok in my book.

and jabberwocky turner, it's a vorpal "blade."

20. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    not in my dungeon master's guide. actually, maybe it is, i haven't opened that thing in 15 years at least.