No longer available Hate to list this but here it is! A beautiful natural ash/quartersawn maple US G&L M2000 (M2K)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Jun 9, 2021.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Here we have the somewhat-hard-to-find G&L M-2000. I'd say it's the "more polite" adaptation of the L-2000 but you can still get all the loud and gnarly rock and roll sounds you want out of these monsters. Unlike the L-2000, the M-2000 has a 3-band EQ, which makes it a bit easier to dial in what you want (in my opinion.)

Here's all the info on the model:

M-2000

And if you look at the last picture, you'll see the spec sheet that includes the neck dimensions and woods used (this one is a beautiful natural ash/gloss finish with quartersawn maple neck and fingerboard. Black abalone dot inlays = super classy.)

Approximately 9.5 lbs and well-balanced. Recently had it professionally set up with medium-low action/light-gauge Rotosound strings (I think they are Rotosounds anyway.)

$1275 shipped lower 48 (or best offer)

Why am I selling? Well, I need money. My wife is about to start law school and our budget just tightened up considerably (she got a full scholarship which is great but we'll be without her income for the next three years which is not great.)

I would consider a limited array of trades but I don't really have cash to add.

I am NOT interested in 5-strings, fretless basses, uprights, or acoustics. I don't need any more P or J basses. I'm pretty good on amps, cabs, and combos too.

Absolutely no Jazz (1.5" nut width) necks.

Here's a short list of things I MAY consider, plus or minus small amounts of cash where appropriate:

-Stingrays (prefer single H and would consider both US-made or the import model with the roasted maple neck) - maple neck preferred
    -Lakland 4-94 (probably out of my price range) or Lakland Skyline 44-02 (more in my price range.) - maple neck preferred
    -Something else that can pretend to be a Stingray effectively (maybe a Tobias Growler?)

m2k0.jpg
    m2k7.jpg m2k6.jpg m2k5.jpg m2k4.jpg m2k3.jpg m2k2.jpg m2k1.jpg m2k8.jpg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Murch, Corigan, gvbassman and 12 others like this.
  2. ComeHomeShane

ComeHomeShane Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Southern California
    Fantastic Bass. Mine gets plenty of play. GLWTS!

TimBosby likes this.
  3. manny rose

manny rose

Jan 26, 2018
    san diego
    my old bass,kinda regret this one getting away,was into 5 strings at the time

TimBosby likes this.
  4. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    It is awesome and I very well may keep it but thought I'd list it just to see.

5. Beautiful!

TimBosby likes this.
  6. crobasster

crobasster

Jun 16, 2009
    croatia
    Beauty, if I would be around, it would be mine !

TimBosby likes this.
  7. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Leaning heavily toward keeping this but I'll keep this listing live a little bit longer.

dieselman likes this.
  8. Very very nice!!!

TimBosby likes this.
  9. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I'm starting to have anxiety about parting with this since I love the neck profile so much. HOWEVER - if anyone has a Sabre Classic reissue (prefer natural ash/maple) - I would definitely consider working out a deal for one of those.

10. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Keeping. At least for now.

59jazz and Marc61 like this.
  11. moreblues

moreblues Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2013
    TX, N.Y. and FL.
    The M2000 Is my favorite active offering from G&L, I had all of their active basses including several M2000's.
    This one, has for me... the best neck profile! 1 5/8 nut with the 7.5 radius just fits like a glove...and it's Quartersawn too!
    No wonder you want to keep it, a real beauty!

TimBosby likes this.
  12. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Tim,
    That’s a real tight grained quarter sawn neck, reminds me of my mij Yamaha Basses. Is this common for G&L? And does G&L use support rods in their neck? Outstanding looking bass!

TimBosby likes this.
  13. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Good question. Not sure on support rods but modern G&L necks (i.e. last 15-20 years or so) seem to be less prone to warping than what you hear about on some of the older ones. And as for the quartersawn, yeah, I've owned a few with quartersawn necks and they pretty much look like this, in my experience. Glad I'm keeping this. I haven't even gigged with it yet, but one of my bands resumes gigging next week (after like 18 months!) so maybe I'll bring it to that show.

59jazz likes this.
  14. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Thanks Tim, good to know there are a few necks out there like yours. Might be time for me to consider one.

TimBosby likes this.
  15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021