Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hatin' "el jeffe" again...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by miko, Oct 31, 2003.

1. :mad:

man, this dude i'm working for... just unbelievable. i've never met such a young curmudgeon in all my life.

the man has been getting physical therapy on his knee for some time now. trying to make light of the issue, i said, "gee, mr. h., with all the PT you're getting, you should become the 6 Million Dollar Man in no time!"

chuckle, chuckle, right? i mean, anyone would chuckle.

he glared at me, got all red-faced, and said, "you shouldn't make assumptions like that. my knee is NOT getting better."

MAJOR attitude!

at three other points in the day, he told me my work was "irrelevant," our conversa-tion "unproductive" and my mistakes "unnerving."

gee-- got any other negativity you'd care to share, sir?

i really wanted to tell him to piss off, and just walk out, but i need the dough. :meh: so i just gave him a vaccuous look and walked away. silence is definitely golden sometimes.

sometimes i get the vibe that he doesn't like me because i'm latin, and not whitebread. he seems to only affiliate with upper crust white people. his past secretary was very blonde and very white. i've noticed on all the resumes he's been rejecting for people applying for this job [i'm only filling in 'til they find someone], the names that go in the garbage are either hispanic, african american, or middle eastern. man, could you imagine if it was summer and i had a tan? :bawl:

but the race thing is neither here nor there, as much as the fact that he's a humourless curmudgeon who really rubs me the wrong way. i truly long for the day when i get a steady job where i don't have to feel like such a nobody.

:meh:

2. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Miko,
    If you think it's based on race, or if you are observing racial prefrences, you really should call the EEOC.

Just the opinion of another latino nobody (well, 1/2 anyway).

3. i think it's too subtle of a thing to determine, really. i just think he's a generally disgruntled person who's not getting enough nookie, so he needs to take it out on someone, and i am the nearest punching bag.

to be fair, he does hobnob with wealthy arab types.

:D

4. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Kick him in his bad knee. Then tell him your sorry but your job is "irrelevant" and to deal with his pain himself!! :D

On a serious note, age, race and gender is whats really "irrelevant". If you do your job well, thats all that matters. It's hard to not let people like that get to you! Ignorance surrounds everyone, we all just need to find our own ways in dealing with it.

Don't let Mr.Grummpy pants get you down. :)

5. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    Since you're in a good position to take statistics, take ALL the statistics you can get regarding hirings, as far as race is concerned. Nothing says "shove it" like a good government investigation. :)

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

7. Just remember fire solves all problems.

:rolleyes: ;)

8. Screw him...don't even make jokes with him if he's gonna be an A-hole.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm sure he had no reason to say these things.

10. ouch munji, why so hostile :(

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Move to Miami.

If you arent hispanic, then you are the minority here.

Peace
    Nick