1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hating on my MIM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by amphlett7, Sep 4, 2008.

1. amphlett7

amphlett7

Feb 27, 2008
    Basywater, Western Australia
    Audiofly In-Ear Monitors And Headphones
    Well the other weel i was back after school
    waiting for band to start and my year 12 friend dean came out from the music room
    had his guitar with him.

now i was waiting for the other bandmembers, so basically sitting on the table with my bass playing

and he comes up and says
    "Woah nice fender, OHHhhh it's mexican"
    "why whats wrong with mexican fenders?" says I
    "Nothing, Except that their made by DIRTY IMMIGRANTS!"

now i was feeling two ways at this point

1st was confusion
    because theyre not immagrants, they were in mexico, they're doing nothing wrong

and i was annoyed because its a good bass, who made it shouldn't affect it. its not like his was any better

it was probably made in China or Japan

like the bass was $1000 you know
    like it was the first GOOD bass i ever bought
    and hes just putting it down because of where its from
    and hes being racist to mexicans, and subsequently basses/guitars from mexico

sorry for my rant
    is pretty long
    whats the deal with people judging MIMs?

2. I would think that a guy who has been a friend for the better part of 12 years, would know the character person you are, and vice versa. Obviously you did'nt purchase a MIM to support Mexican immigration. Conversely, after 12 years of friendship; you should be able to voice your disdain in his statement without him having a tantrum.

3. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Evansville
    Chances are if he has a MIA whatever it is made by real immigrants.

Yours was not , Mexicans yes , immigrants ?, no.

when you hit 30+ a lot of that kind of sh*t just goes away .

I have had a few MIM basses and liked them all .

4. amphlett7

amphlett7

Feb 27, 2008
    yeah your right

but hes not been my friend for 12 years, he's just in Grade 12 of high school
    so i said that because i think he should know better than that

but what you said has the right idea

5. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

Just reaffirms the term "gui****" for that guy.

I agree, from what I have heard, whether you buy a Mexican or American Fender they are made pretty much made by the same ethnicity. There is nothing wrong with that.

6. RyKnowOdadjian

RyKnowOdadjian

Dec 25, 2007
    See down here we use a year system instead of grades at school. So year 12 actually means he is nearly finished college (Your high school), I highly doubt they have been friends for 12 years.

7. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    A $1000 MIM? Wow, what is it? Show pics!!

Tell him to get a swastika tattoo and get out of the closet. He's absolutely being racist. And it's clearly coming from an uneducated, emotional point of view that he's been taught by his parents or someone else close to him, otherwise he wouldn't have called them immigrants, since they still live in Mexico.

And what's wrong with immigrants??? Everyone in North America is a descendant from immigrants, including the native Americans and native Canadians. Here in Canada, we *want* more immigrants because science proves that they enrich the economy, and observation proves that they enrich the culture.

*Illegal* immigrants are a different story, but do any of them work at Fender in Corona? I doubt it, but what should your buddy or I care either way?

You know, back in the 30s, people who lived on the west coast used to call *white* people from the midwest, Oklahoma, and Arkansas dirty immigrants who were threatening their way of life and labour market. maybe he should look into his own family tree, he might have a few "Okies" to consider before calling Mexicans dirty immigrants.

Mexico kicks a$$! Probably safer and cleaner than many parts of DC, Houston, Detroit, L.A., Miami, or New York, plus they have tequila, good home grown, pretty women, and they don't get snow or illegal immigrants. :)

And you - don't be so sensitive. Who gives a crap where the bass was made, so long as you rock it! :bassist:

8. amphlett7

amphlett7

Feb 27, 2008

yeah man
    you got the right idea

and as to the $1000 dollar MIM
    well thats AUS$
    still expensive in american
    but its import from mexico to aus
    im in PERTH, like furthest away of all the states of Australia
    and Concept music

9. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Oh, sorry - I didn't completely read your address, I saw WA and I thought north of Oregon.

In that case, you're *all* immigrants in AU, except for the natives. :) I'm sure illegal Mexican immigrants aren't much of a problem down there as they are for some of my US neighbours, but Aussies are every bit as much foreigners to the US as Mexicans are, so his comment is even more illogical. :rollno:

10. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I wish I was there so your gui**** friend would feel my dirty hands striking on his clean face... :rollno:

11. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    It was intended as a joke, is my guess. Don't get hung up on it.

12. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

+1.

Who cares. Tell him to piss off.

13. amphlett7

amphlett7

Feb 27, 2008
    hahaha

yes, that would be good

unless he was joking as that guy above me said
    but you can't be sure:smug:

so may aswell beat him anyway

14. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Don't take things so seriously, and learn to "rip" back at others.

You should see the nice ripping at the guitar store I go to... Especially when it comes to the bass players against the guitarist.
    We stop when real costumers come in, but when they leave it's on again...:D

15. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    You could of had him look real close at the fine print on the headstrock and while he was looking ..Wacked him in the face with it for the stupid comments he made. Cruel but hey I'm that kind of guy... you maybe not.

Where is his guitar made? My guess china or korea etc...ask him if he has any jokes about them and where his guitar is made. Or chalk it up to dumb youth.

16. namraj

namraj

Feb 7, 2008
    you'll probably find that the majority of immigrants wash more regularly than him, particularly if he's a guitarist :p, and also immigrants have done nothing wrong and get a lot of stick, there is nothing wrong with being foreign or an immigrant, there is something wrong with most countries immigration systems, but I'm defiantly not intelligent or educated enough to come up with a solution so I'm not going to moan about it. what I will moan about is filthy prejudice.

17. amphlett7

amphlett7

Feb 27, 2008
    Yeah, I don't see the need for the Stigma they get
    and i'm only 15

but its funny how things can seem out of context
    look into you comment
    and you quoted part of mine
    and it look hilarious

Amphlett7 says: DIRTY IMMAGRANTS!

i lol'ed when i saw that

18. Just say “Oh I didn't know Mexico had a problem with immigrants”.

Obviously your friend is too stupid to know what MIM means.

MM

19. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    That's right! You are supporting NAFTA! Woo-hoo! \m/

20. Maybe he thought it meant Mexican Immigrant Made. :rollno: