Hatrke ohm rating??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Jul 26, 2001.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    hi everyone
    i just bought a new rig and i can't quite figure it out. this is my first actual amp and cab, not combo. My hartke 7000 head says that if you run an 8ohm cab its runs at 200 watts and if you run a 4 ohm cab it runs at 350 watts. Ok sounds cool, but on the back where u plug the cabs in all the inputs say 8ohms next to them. So did the manual lie, can i only run my head at 200 watts? Also any good info you can give me about the hartke 7000 head would be helpful, and not sell it hartke's suck, cuz i really like it, just helpful info please.
  2. it's not lying. It's just saying that you can't plug in two 4 ohm cabs b/c that would end up with 2 ohms and that would damage the amp. You can plug in one 4 ohm cab or two 8 ohm cabs for 350 watts or you can plug in one 8 ohm cab for 200.
  3. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Your hartke 7000 has TWO power sections(amps) rated at 350watt at 4ohm EACH.
    So if you plug one 8ohm cab into one of the outputs youll get 240 watts to that cab.
    If you plug 2 8ohm cabs into the amp 1 outputs amp 1 will send 350 watts to both cabs 175watts each. You can run as many as four 8ohm cabs with your amp for a total of 700 watts. OUCH!!! or you can run one 4ohm cab to amp1 output and one 4ohm cab to amp 2 output for 700 watts(350 to each cab) OUCH again.
  4. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
  5. dsmith

Mar 29, 2001
    Mt. Vernon, KY
    The 7000 is a bi-amp unit (meaning there are 2 separate amps in the unit). It puts out 350 watts per side at 4 ohms. With the 4.5, you'll be getting about 240 watts of power from the side you plug it in.
    You cannot bridge the 7000; but in mono mode the same signal is sent to both sides ( as opposed to stereo mode, where the highs are sent to one side, and the lows to the other).

Whether in stereo or mono mode, you can plug in two 8 ohm cabinets per side or one 4 ohm cab per side.
    You cannot plug in two 4 ohm cabs on the same side.
    You also cannot plug in one 4 ohm and one 8 ohm cab on the same side.

As far as your application, a 3500 or 4000 would work fine with a 4.5 or a 115, but so should a 7000, depending how you set it up. It also depends on what kind of sound you're trying to get and how loud you wanna be. If you want a huge sound, add either a 4.5XL or a 115XL cab, which ever one you don't have, and run it in stereo. The amp has a crossover built in, and the sound is awsome.

Remember, it's always better to run a speaker cabinet with more power than it needs.
    That allows you to put less stress on the amp by running at at a lower volume and getting better clarity of sound.
  6. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I think there's an echo in here.
  7. I think there's an echo in here.

:D heh