Hats off to Nemesis!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by iplaybass, Jun 11, 2003.

1. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Who else loves Nemesis? I have a 2x10, and I just can't get over the sound. So super bright, punchy, growly... just plain good. I just got a Demeter 3x10, and while I like the sound of the new cab... the Nemesis is still always going to be with it, just because it sounds so darn good. Nothing else can seem to match its punch! (Well, at least not for $325 brand new!) The Demeter is a more dark, sullen kind of sound, even with the tweeter up to nearly full. I'm starting to consider getting a 'sis 4x10, since they are nice and light and look to be a lot like the 2x10's only with more speakers! Any thoughts? Anybody else really like Nemesis?
  2. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Have a look at my avatar and look at what's sitting under the Eden.... it's a Nemisis 4x10. It's the lightest 4x10 I've seen and it sounds good - not as good as some 4x10's but at least I can pick this one up without pulling my back out.

I did however replace the horn. I felt the horn was letting the cab down and the protection light was cutting in too early. It felt like the speakers had plenty in reserve but the horn wasn't letting me unleash it. And sure enough I was right. It's a monster now.........
  3. cjgallen

Oct 19, 2001
    How's the B string sound through that Nemesis 4x10?
  4. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Same as any 4x10 - passable. I usually put a 15 under it for louder gigs.
  5. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Come on... I know more people out there like Nemesis. Petebass- that's exactly the reason I'd want one of their 4x10's, all the others are so darn heavy!
  6. It's nice and blue:))) and compact...I saw one at my G.C for like 400...go for it man!

7. RMacBass

RMacBass Bass Commander Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2003
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Yeah man, I've had a Nemesis 210 combo since 1997, and I've been super happy with it. It has its downsides (the XLR out buzzes, the "Eden Sound" is a headache when I try to EQ my upright, and it's too big if one doesn't have a car), but it's so good for the money. The semi-parametric EQ _always_ comes in handy. I paid $450US for it, one year old. It was a good investment.

My advice for anyone thinking of getting one, shell out for a really nice luggage cart with some of the money you saved by buying the Squier-series of the Eden family. I've almost killed myself trying to save cab-fare with my bass in one hand and the combo in the other. I recommend the Ruxxac extra-long folding cart, because it's really well balanced you can hardly feel that it's carrying a load, and the wheels don't get stuck in every sidewalk-crack.
  8. Jeb T

Jeb T

Feb 19, 2002
    San Carlos, CA
    Yah, mon!

This Nemesis has been workin' fine for over two years. I use a cheesy little fan in the back to prevent overheating (especially in hot rooms), but other than that it sounds and works like a champ.

I'm thinking about getting a Euphonic Audio iamp 800 combo soon, after I can try it out and of course scrounge up the funds.

I personally haven't noticed buzzing from the Nemesis direct out, but maybe one or some do. In fact, the 2/13/03 recording at Bogart's on our website (www.freakwagon.com) is all direct out from the Nemesis.

Anyhoo, Huzzah to Nemesis!
    And throw one in for dem bass players!
  9. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I played a 2x10 combo, and it was the best amp i have ever played.