1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Hauessel 5-string Jazz Bass Pickups with custom 60s / 70s bridge pickup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by DaveAceofBass, Nov 29, 2019.

1. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Price:
    $175
    Up for sale is a set of Hauessel Jazz Bass pickups that were removed from a Marusczyck Elwood L bass. The bridge pickup was specially made to give a 60s / 70s sounds, similar to the one you see in a Sadowsky. However, there is only one catch...there is no cover for the bridge pickup. It came in an ebony cover, but we reused the cover when I had Nordstrand build me a new set. I really like these pickups, but my OCD (just kidding) got the best of me and so I replaced them. The neck pickup is particularly amazing...it’s really fat sounding almost like a P pickup...it may be the warmest neck pickup I’ve heard. In fact, I almost kept the neck pickup. The bridge pickup is super clear sounding. There is a slight difference in sound between the 60s and 70s setting, I assume it’s due to the location. If you buy these, you will need to make a new cover for the bridge pickup. Both pickups are sealed in plastic, this was done by the folks at Nordstrand. Both pickups are split coil / humcancelling. So, the bridge pickup is a quad coil. I will post pics of these pickups when I get home from Thanksgiving vacation. In the meantime, here’s a presentation video of the bass with the pickups. Note, I also am selling the Delano Sonar 3 MS/E preamp that came in the bass as well. (I replaced the electronics with Nordstrand pickups and a John East preamp.) Make me an offer, I really need to move these!

2. Halegroove

Halegroove Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    The video said the neck pickup was single coil and the bridge pickup could be single coil or humbucker if both were on.
    So the neck nor bridge is dual or quad?

3. DaveAceofBass

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    The video is incorrect in a few spots. The pickups are split coil (humcancelling) neck and quad coil (two split coil jazz pups) in the bridge. Pics coming.

Halegroove likes this.
  4. DaveAceofBass

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    A43E819C-7132-4BDF-95B6-FF89EB365A08.jpeg DD6B6F49-17C1-4630-8D0D-9849A2C8C077.jpeg

Halegroove likes this.
  5. Halegroove

Halegroove Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2010
    N. KY/Cincinnati, OH
    Sent

6. DaveAceofBass

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Sold

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021