Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have 3 new toys on the way!..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tecx, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Have these two beauties on the way...

[​IMG]

Ring Modulator features: 1. Bypass switch so you can turn the effect on or off 2. Frequency knob, so you can dial in the desired effect. 3. Overdrive switch, allows you to affect the signal in a 'clean' fashion or heavily distort it(and boost it might I add). 4. Range switch, allows you to switch from the low range to the high range.
    Mine is a custom stompbox model (for bass), and a standard model (for my other audio indevers)...

and

[​IMG]

It's rust machine! Bad handlings, no sustain and broken sound. Rotten sound to your instruments.

The "GREEN MONSTER" is back with 4 knobs! It has more sound variation than the original GREEN MONSTER. Rotten sound is here! jacks : INPUT, OUTPUT, AC adapter / controls :
    LEVEL, SENS.1, SENS.2, SENS.3 / switches : ON/OFF / indicator LED / power : AC adapter (DC9V "barrel" type tip negative) or BATTERY 006P / size : L 70mm - W 115mm - H 55mm. coming soon! L.A.L. NOISE EFFECTS are hand-built by member(s) of the Japanese noise group DEFEKTRO.

Oh ya... In the begining god spoke a word, and that word was FUZZ!..

Alex

2. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ..."Very interesting Mr. Spock"...

~S~

3. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Ya steve, you will be the first to hear how they sound, as you and I are in search of the perfect distorted tone... I can't wait...

Alex

4. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    So, have they arrived yet? How long do we have to wait? The supense is killing me. I came here especially to see if you had written anything about your Green monster :eek: yet.
    Can't believe more people don't use ring modulators (and slow gear, tremolo, whammy....)
    Let us know.....

5. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    shou;d be here in under 2 weeks... Don't worry... All the jucy details will follow...

Alex

6. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    The Green Monster has arived!.. Duuu Duuu Daaah!..

Well, at first I thought it was broken... but now I have the hang of it... here are some sound samples, a review will come soon... I just need to play around with it some more...

Alex

ps. i will tell you one thing, its DEAD quiet... There is a built in noise gate...

Alex

7. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    The first clip sounded absolutely filthy. I liked that one by far and away the most. :D
    Tell us more....

8. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    ok here we go, the offical review:

When I first took it out of the box and pluged it in, I thought it was broken... Really broken... But after some fiddlin and tweaking, I figured out how this best works... And MAN does it work!.. This thing has more fuzz tones than bucket 'o' peaches!.. Rotten peaches that is...

Here are what the controls do:

Level - what do you think?.. comon, really...
    Sens 1 - this is a crackly circuit, very nasty
    Sens 2 - this is a midrangy ear piercing fuzz
    Sens 3 - finaly the nasty high gain fuzz, reminicant of a Suoer Fuzz.

But the beauty of it it, that each control effects the other ones entirely. They just don't increese the volume of each circuit - they intermodulate and decimate... ITS FANTASTIC... Kind of like a fuzz factory and wolly mamonth intertwined and butchered!!! You can get nice 60's fuzz tones, and 8 bit nintendo music fuzz tones out of it!!!
    There is also a built in noise gate some some of the setings, but again - not one control is responsible for this they all play a part...

This one is a keeper, next on the fuzz block:

Zvex Wolly Momoth and Fuzz Factroy
    Black Cat Bass Octave Fuzz and Super Fuzz
    and mabey, just mabey.. Menatone O-ring...

Alex

ps. I have a Blue Box on its way, I used to own one... And I have regreted selling it for ever!.. So I will do up some sound cluips and a full review to follow...

9. murdermilk

murdermilk

Feb 5, 2004
    I have a question: Why are some bassists obsessed with getting their sound dead quiet when they aren't hitting strings? I like to hear a little squeel of feedback if I don't lift off a fret properly and the background hiss is a nice sound to me. One of my favorite musical moments is this spot on Kick Out the Jams where an entire verse is lost under a massive wave of feedback (live album). The music is so organic and alive when stuff like that happens. The dead quiet thing makes it sound kind of, well, dead to me.

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The first one is absolutely beautiful. How much did that pretty little box set you back?

11. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    180 usd, worth every penny...

Alex

12. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Cheers for the review. It's always refreshing to hear about new devices for creating hideous tones.

Good call on the Blue Box- a splendid contraption if ever there was one. I like it best on full throttle when it doesn't track properly and you get that sound that cut's in and out of notes. Heavenly evil. :eek:

Now about that ring modulator... ?

13. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Not here yet... :(

Alex

14. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Tecx, did you order the Green Monster from their website? Is there someplace in the states that sells the LAL stuff? The Oscillo Fuzz looks cool too.

15. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Analog Man carries them...

www.analogman.com

Alex

16. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Got the ring mods today....!!! Full review to follow...

Alex

ps. if you want to read my review of it for harshnoise check it out HERE... I need to fool around more with my bass model... My review is the first one...

17. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Hey,

I just bought a Red Witch Moon Phaser/Flanger...it is SICK!!! Total analog heaven, no bass loss & TONS of sound!!! Definetly a staple in my "arsenal"...

Steve

PS: Totally nails the "Floyd" sound!

18. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I have heard nothing but good things, I also heard it sounds amazingly organic... So its worth the high price tag?..

Alex

ps. How the hell have you been steveo?..

19. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Yep! It totally kills! Get one before you can't. Ben is a fanatic with his product & once you play it or look inside it, you won't be sorry for a second about buying one...

~S~

20. The 1st sample of the green monster is simply perfect. That is a fuzz sound that I would LOVE to have. The green monster looks mighty cool (and if money were no option I would just run out and get one) is there anything else out there - more of a one trick pony - that nails that type of sound.