Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have a listen

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by rollo47, May 2, 2005.

1. rollo47

rollo47 Wraggotry in Motion

Nov 12, 2002
    Perth, Australia
    http://www.soundclick.com/rollo47

I'd be ultra grateful if I could get some feedback on some of my stuff.

There's quite a bit up there, so I'm not sure what to suggest you listen to. One of my favourites would be "Love Thing", but for something a little more impressive, maybe take a listen to "Slap Jam" or "Slap Exercise"

Thanks in advance :)

2. I only got a chance to quickly listen to a couple of 'em, I'll check out a little more later. The 2 slap ones that you recommended are what I listened to and you have some really good chops, but your they need to be fine tuned a little. The timing was very inconsistent. I couldn't ever really find a consistent beat. I used to have a huge problem with this. I bought a Korg MA-30 metronome and it has been one the most valuable tools that I own. You're on a great track, just keep workin'

3. Id say Ditto on the metronome...but I dont use one, either :D.
    Ill comment on the others as i listen.

4. Kurt Hans

Kurt Hans

Mar 17, 2005
    Seattle
    i like the cover tune

5. powerslave

powerslave Guest

Feb 24, 2005
    United States
    good work, playing, i could see where just having a click or somethingother than just bass on the track would help. sounds killer!!

6. The tone on the first slap one was really bad. Very thin and no definition.