Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have a look at my basses for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jja412, Feb 24, 2005.

1. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    2 Washburn USA basses for sale =

XB920 tobacco burst w/ matching headstock,rosewood board. Bartolini soapbars, Bartolini three band preamp, active/passive switch. Buzz Feiten tuning system, great action and good thick tone. This bass is a made in USA series from the Washburn Custom Shop. Plays great, looks great. Has one ding by the output jack, which I tried to capture (without much luck) in the pictures.
    -----------SOLD!!------------
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

XB900 pearl blue with rosewood fingerboard. Seymour Duncan Basslines MM Humbucker and bassline MM preamp w/ slap switch push-pull pot. One of the lightest basses I've ever played, but still has the tone! Has some minor fingernail scratches - nothing through the finish. Get that Stingray tone without killing your back or pocketbook.
    SOLD

These are a sweet buy for those in the $500 and under price range. Because of the name brand, and the decision of Washburn to move all their bass making overseas - the resale on these is in the toilet. They blow away just about anything near their price range... If you have a limited budget, and are looking for a nice playing great sounding bass, look no further than these. If you are worried about the brand name on your bass, or have to have the newest rage in basses, look elsewhere. Two high quality made in the USA basses for less than most Korean basses sell for...

2. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    Free bump for beautiful american made instruments. Cmon guys, these are stinkin cheap. I would probably bite of they were fivers.

danman

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm very interested in the XB-900. :bassist:

4. butchonbass

butchonbass Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There was a XB in a store here for a long time for $900. I really liked the mid-sweep control. I've not seen that preamp on any other bass. Does anyone know what Bartolini preamp that was? That's a killer bass for low $

5. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Somewhere I have Washburn product literature from when I bought my first bass (an XB-200) that shows Kip Winger with an XB-900. I remember XB-900s being up over a grand at that point and the local Washburn dealer couldn't keep them on the shelves.

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

FYI,

Emailed a Washburn dealer that I know about Washburn not making USA axes anymore. His reply:

Hi Fred,
    We just talked with our inside Washburn sales rep and
    asked him point-blank about this guy's claim that no
    basses are being made in the US anymore. He says, he
    could take about 30 steps from his office door, turn
    left and he would be INSIDE the USA custom shop where
    they most definitely still make basses, along with
    other guitars that are NOT basses as well!!!

Shame that 920 isn't a 5 stringer or it would have been mine days ago! :)

7. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Well then, I stand corrected. I was told several times from different sources that Washburn was out of the US bass business...

XB900 is gone...thanks, Nino!!!
    XB920 still up for grabs.

8. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Bump for price drop.... $350 to your door (in the lower 48 states.)

9. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    XB920 sold to cameronb000. Thanks, Cam!!! :hyper: