1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Have a Nordie NP4 and need a J to match it.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jimmyjames77, May 3, 2010.

1. Hey all. I have a Nordstrand Split Coil NP4 in my 08' Fender P and I 'm looking for a good J bridge p'up to pair with it. I don't know too much about electronics but was told that there is the possibility of phase issues if I used a single coil J bridge.
    What J bridge p'up would all the guys who are "in the know" about these issues recommend?
    Thanks for the info.
    Jim.

2. basadam

basadam

Nov 29, 2005
    I'll be stating the obvious: The best match for a Nordstrand NP4 would be one of these: http://www.bestbassgear.com/nordstrand-pickups.htm#nordstrand4j
    I'd go for SV or SE since they are humcancelling.

3. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    ^^^ Yep. I'd go with the NJ4SE for a little more thickness, which might be a better match for the P pickup. If you like to solo the bridge pickup for a "Jaco" tone, the NJ4SV might be better.

4. I think that's what I'll do. I'll go for the hum-cancelling J that is thicker.:bassist:
    Thanks,
    Jim.