1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Have a Pod XT Live? need dimensions help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Doug Parent, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Sorry but all my searches on the web have given me nothing in the way of height, width or depth. frustrating! Not even the Line 6 web site has those specs. Anyone have a tape measure and wanna bust it out for me?

Thanks!

2. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    I have one, but no tape measure handy. If nobody else posts before tomorrow, I'll bring mine over to our practice studio and get the #s for ya.

By the way, are you thinking about getting one? They are fantastic. I have a few issues with them, but the variety of tones & ease of use is worth it. The issues are the impractical power supply/transformer (it's just annoying) and the fact that my expression pedal squeaks very loudly (WD-40 does not help; I can't figure out where it's rubbing together). I use mine with a Line6 Variax 705 five-string bass for recording, and the same with my MTD Artist 5 into a Crown K2 power amp into a Schroeder 21012L for performing.

3. Search

Not clear whether that's the Pro or not though.

4. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Oops sorry yes the Pro model. Thanks.

5. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dave, yes I am thinking about it. I was considering the Boss ME-50B but the digital interface alone is worth the extra$$ for me.

Is the power supply huge or something?
    I use an MTD 535 and hoping that the Xt has enough really usable amp models so I can leave my GK1001RB at home and just use a power amp to drive my two Aguilar GS112's. I'm really picky about my tone (hence my handle, no I'm not a nazi) so THATS the other reason I'm considering this over the Boss unit. (The modeling)

Any comments are appreciated. I would be getting this primarily for LIVE gigging applications. If it's too cumbersome and a pain in the arse to program, thats helpful feedback as well so please be painfully blunt. :D

6. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    I have both the Bass PODXTLive and the GK1001RB-II, and to be honest, more and more I'm loving the tone I get from the head by itself, though in fairness, I do need to sit down and spend more time tweaking the pod.

edit: if I didn't have it packed up for vacation practicing, I'd measure mine. If you don't have a tape measure Dave, a dollar bill is 6 inches long. I've used them for guesstimating measurements quite a bit.

7. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

I use it live. It is fantabulous for In-Ear gigs. But for rig gigs, it is "cumbersome" to hook up and requires some tweaking for different rooms. For what it's worth, I have the bean version and use the FBV shortboard.

8. DeathHands

DeathHands

Apr 10, 2007
    Georgia, ew.
    I'd like to know how to get a recording setup done through the USB Out. I need to do that, and I can't, for the life of me, get it to work.