1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Have an Ampeg BA-108 Question About SCR-DI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ppiluk, Mar 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I currently have an Ampeg BA-108, the current version, and I love the tone I have been able to get out of it. I am curious about the SCR-DI but have a couple of questions.

1) The BA-108 is the one amp in the line that doesn't have the Scrambler builtin. Would I be able to use the Scrambler independent of the pre-amp circuit?

2) How similar are the two products tone wise. Would a tone I like on the BA-108 be easy to recreate on the SCR-DI?

3) Do effects work with the SCR-DI?

Thank you for reading my post and I look forward to seeing what you have to say.

2. Bump

3. jdubbass38

jdubbass38

Mar 20, 2009
    I would say yes, the scr-di has that ampeg tone. I normally run my scr-di into my amp as it thickens the sound or use the scrambler side to add some grit. I actually used it last night with a BA115hp, I thought it sounded great and actually preferred the scr-di shaping the tone rather then the stock BA115hp tone.

IMG_5575.JPG

ppiluk likes this.
  4. Very cool rig! Thank you for your response. I think I am going to pick it up!

5. You can buy the pedal that's just the Scrambler, but yes, the scr-di had independent Scrambler circuit and preamp circuit switches. I find it to be a great piece of kit, but if you only need the Scrambler, they have that as a standalone pedal too.

Edit: corrected the "piano" typo.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    ppiluk likes this.
  6. Thanks for the info!

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I LOOOOVE the new Scrambler pedal! I dig the Scr DI but I prefer the way the Standalone Scrambler works better.

ppiluk likes this.
  8. I am thinking this would be a very good purchase!

JimmyM likes this.