Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have an old late 60's SVT 8x10 cab I'm reloading

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 440Hz, Apr 21, 2004.

1. 440Hz

440Hz

Nov 17, 2003
    Midwest
    But i need some help with the wiring. I wanna wire it up like the newer SVT 8x10's, where there are two 8ohm 4x10's with separate jacks for each 4x10 and then have another separate jack for a 4ohm mono cab (combine the two 4x10's).

Is there a way to do this without buying the new jack plate etc? Right now I have one Speakon jack on the cab. What I would like to do is just drill two other holes and add 2 other Speakons for a total of 3 output jacks on cab. 2 of which will be for the 4x10's and the 3rd for the mono cab. It would look a lot more steramlined and save of lot of cutting into the cab.

Can someone tell me specifics on how to wire this? I have 8 brand new Eminence Deltas 8ohm. I thought of wiring the 4x10s in series/parallel for an 8ohm load. wiring those each to individual jacks and then wiring both 4x10's to 3rd jack for 4 ohm load. I have basic electronics knowledge, but need to know what + goes to what - etc.

Any info on this would be much appreciated.