1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

have an old Zoom 506 question...help-

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by spiffer07, Apr 6, 2009.

1. spiffer07

spiffer07

Mar 12, 2007
    Acquired one of these and for the life of me,How do you turn up levels?! Theres no input or volume knobs.No mention of it in the manual.It cycles thru the patches and what not,but I got 0 sound.***...

2. If you have the old (black) version then you need to press the "edit" button repeatedly until the LED next to the word "level" is lit, then press the + button until the desired level is aquired. once you've done this press the "store" button TWICE.

If you have the newer, silver version, you need to rotate the knob so it's pointing at "patch level" then use the + key to up the volume, then press "store" TWICE.

Note: this only works for the current patch I'm afraid, so you'll need to up the volume on all the ones you want to use.

It sounds strange to me that ALL the patches have no volume...there may be a fault with the pedal, but the method mentioned above is definately worth a shot.

Good luck!

3. honestjohnny

honestjohnny

Nov 24, 2006
    You should download the manual from the Samsontech website. It's under Zoom and Discontinued Products. I really enjoy and still use mine.

4. spiffer07

spiffer07

Mar 12, 2007
    thanks all...this unit must b fried.No sound even after factory re-set and checking levels-shucks

5. Ba55Man1ac

Ba55Man1ac Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    I still pull my 506 out occasionally - it has the best tracking, most 'subby' octave down ever!