1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Have any of you TBers ever felt...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by soong, Feb 25, 2008.

1. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Like all these (insert product/state/bass here) clubs on TB are unwelcoming?
    well, unwelcoming's not really the word, but me being a semi noob here (having joined a few months ago) still feel really unwelcomed by the fact that everyone has a little group and a special number for themselves. (please note this is not my little whinge session)

Its not my fault i don't seem to fit any of the criteria.

Am i alone in this feeling?

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Create the "I don't fit into the TalkBass general demographic club"

Problem solved :)

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I'm sure you're not alone.
    But, ya gotta realize that this is a web forum.
    Who cares if you're not in a club?

4. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Nice sig, fenderhutz. I'm afraid that club really could be proposed soon.

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Are there real clubs other than the ones that people make threads about? :eyebrow:

If so, I don't belong to any either. :(

6. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I joined a few years ago after the BASS101 site failed. I didn't post for a while because I found TB to be a bit intimidating from the sheer size of it. While the active posters may be a percentage of the registered and supporting members, this is still a huge site with a lot of etiquette to be aware of. Seems that breaking any of the unspoken etiquettes will get you flamed, or ignored.

I've felt what feeling too, but I also know that in the end it doesn't really matter. For the most part these guys are all strangers, and who cares what they think.

7. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    its not that i care or not, but the guys who are creating the clubs need to be more midful of the guys who are new to the forum. I'm over now but i know it felt real awkward when i first started posting here

i have nothing wrong with these clubs at all, but they're getting so specifically stupid.

8. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Thread hijackers club??

9. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Bah. You can't be all bad if you play a Warwick. ;)

10. ubado

ubado Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    I find that if you have any questions about a certain brand of bass... the bass clubs are very informative. Just find the bass club for the brand... go from there.

Just because you don't belong to the club... you can still post "Q's".
    ... don't worry it's the internet... they can't bite ya. :D

11. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    you can be in my "special" club if you want.

12. ubado

ubado Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    There ya go... a club you can join.
    Soon enough... you won't be alone anymore. :p

13. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    I've been participating in various discussion forums for years (political, automotive, music, science, homebrewing) and I've found that if you simply be polite and respectful to others and use discretion and try to contribute comments of use or interest to other members, then you will be warmly welcome in the forums. Try to be obnoxious, start arguments, act like a brown noser or make public every trivial thought that enters your mind and you'll quickly become known as a pain in the ass.

Just like real life. :D

14. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Hmm. I guess I've never really paid much attention to the clubs listed in people's signatures. For the most part they don't mean anything except gear ownership. I suppose there are a couple I could be in if I chose, but it certainly doesn't change the way people treat you. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

hbarcat hit it on the head. The only thing I'd add is that use of the search function before asking a question is generally a good idea since any given question has likely been asked and answered already.

15. Why don't you just post in one of the club threads that is relevant to you and get your own number?

Problem solved.

16. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    You could start the I don't (want to) belong to any clubs club.

17. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
  18. Don't worry about it dude. The most important thing is to play your bass and enjoy it.

19. I'm not sure that I understand your angst here? Is it because there is no club that fits the gear you're currently using? :eyebrow:

Maybe you should go out and buy some more bass gear so you can join in? :D

20. ha its amy, how do you do amy?

pics?