Have I Got News For You

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by moley, Oct 31, 2002.

1. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    So what do you guys think of Angus Deayton being sacked from being presenter of Have I Got News For You? I reckon they should have kept him on. And, who do you think should replace him? Apparently Paul Merton is doing it until they find someone else...
  2. Have I got news for you? - Apparently not, Mr. Deayton.

I think they're dead right to sack him. His usual modus opperandi on the program was to slag off any tabloid fodder who got caught doing something dodgy - the hypocrisy levels would have been sky high!

Yes, he's funny but that's no excuse. (Of course, charged as guilty by The Sun until proven innocent by a court of law... :rolleyes: )

I really hope the new presenter is John Seargant. He was excellent as a guest...
  3. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Yeah, John Seargant was a great guest. But it's difficult to imagine HIGNFY without Deayton. The whole cocaine sex romp thing would have blown over, and it could have carried on, though, I reckon. It seems unfair to sack him after 12 years, for 1 incident like this.
  4. It doesnt come as much of a surprise really. Seems lately that all these TV presenters are up to their nostrils in it.

The show will seem strange without him I suppose, for a while. But, all his lines were scripted. He's certainly no comic genius (unlike messrs. Merton and Hislop (maybe genii is too strong a word)).

On a side note, I was reading about this story in a "borrowed" tabloid earlier today, and it was said that they have a "soon to be published" story that would "wipe that smug smirk off Hislops face!"

Wonder what that could be? No doubt more "shocking" tales of pimps, pushers and prostitutes... *YAWN*
  5. They should get Deayton on as a guest on the show...:D
  6. Second incident. First was in May this year... Perhaps three strikes and you're out?