Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have ?'s head and amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tucker, Feb 10, 2001.

1. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    I have a couple of questions.
    I am making my own amp its going to be 210's and i need to know what i need and where can i buy good quality speakers any kind will do but give me sites or any info and i also have another question i want to buy a new head causee my other one sucks i need something that will fit 4 ohms and i want it to be good to like my cab is a 115 bxbw and i want to get the most out of it and i also want a better head tube would be great im willing to spend around 550 on the head and around 400 for the 210;'s and i also need a site on making your own cabs and instructions i mean i can make my own but i want this to last well i hope you all can help me on this

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  3. JimmyThePlumberMan

JimmyThePlumberMan

Feb 4, 2001
    Save your money, and take an english and typing class. <-- (That little dot helps a lot). :)

4. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    I have a couple of questions. I am making my own 210 speaker cabinet, and I need to know where I can get good quality speakers for it. I will consider any brand, and I would appreciate any links to web sites or other potential sources for speakers.

Also, I want to buy a new amplifier head because my other one does not satisfy my requirements. I'm looking for something of fairly high quality that can handle a four-ohm load. I have a 115 bxbw cabinet right now, and I want to get the most out of it. A tube-driven head would be great. I have about $550 to spend on the head and another $400 for the speakers.

I'm new to the cabinet-building game, and I would appreciate some info on cabinet construction. I want these to last, so I want to do it right. Thanks in advance for your help.

5. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Tucker-

Jeez, for $400 you could go out and buy a used Eden D-210XLT, arguably the best 210 made. It's going to sound better than anything you'd be able to build (this is not a slam ... there's a lot of science behind speaker construction). For $550, you likewise could buy a good used head by SWR, Eden, Ampeg, or Hartke. Look around a bit.

6. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina

Sorry that no one could read what I was trying to say. I just figured that everyone knew what I was talking about and didn't realize that correct English and proper is supposed to be used here. Well any ways sorry about that but if any one can help me find a new head that would be great. I am looking for something around $550 and and good quality. My cab is a 115 BXBW @ 4 ohms.

And I also need a place/site to buy speakers cause I'm making my own cab. I am going to make 210s and they need to be @ 4 ohms too and I need to know what I need. I am willing to spend up to $400 If you find anything online please post the website.

Ok to all you people that dislike the way I types I hope this is better.(I understand why correct grammar would be necessary.)

7. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    I am looking into a future of building my own cabs so I figured this would be the best way to start. I am going to seek a profession in electrical engineering and I am willing to read and do research on understanding speakers and things like that. I might just buy the Eden D-210XLT and study speaker construction. Well thanks any ways

8. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000