Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have some Pedals just sitting around? Why not trade?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    As of April 12, 2005, this thread is gone in accordance with the new-ish rules in the Classifieds. -Tim

Sorry if it's been done before, I haven't seen it. But this strikes me as a good idea. I know we can sell our effects in other forum, but what about just simply trading? Here's an example...

I have...

Boss OD-3 Overdrive - It's very heavy, not an overdrive as advertised, can get overdrive like sounds, but is better for a full on thrashy fuzz. Definatly keeps the low end strong, but I don't have much of a use for it. Also, I've used this thing as a hammer before and it's still in fantastic condition. When the world explodes all that will remain... cocroaches, cher, and boss pedals.

Electro Harmonix Deluxe Electric mistress Flange - A great sounding Flange, but I have a boss Flange as well. The Electro Harmonix sounds better, but it could use a little work a little work. If it gets bumped to hard it fuzzes a bit, not that bad, but in a live situation it can be annoying. I'd imagine it's just a matter of soldering a wire and it will be fine, but I've decided I shouldn't mess with that. I could but... I dunno.

Edit: RECENT DISCOVERY... occasionally has low end having problems. :( I use to love this flanger, but now it needs a lot of work and I don't have a soldering iron to even attempt fixing it. I'd imagine it not that hard if anyone is still interested.

Ok that's what I got. What I suggest is if we want we could now say what we'd prefer, but it can remain open. Like me, I'd like something synthy, or an autowah. And I'd be willing to let both of them go for a nice pedal. You can haggle if you want. ;)

Also, I don't think we should have to limit ourselves to bass effects. Guitar and anything else I'd consider cool. I don't know, maybe we could also trade Effects for anything... but not money, selling can ocour in the other forum.

Also, if someone seems not trustworthy/you don't know them that well, whatever. I think you should be able to turn someone down on the basis of that. And if someone rips you off, I say we drag their name through the mud, then hunt them down and do mean things to them. I think this could be a good/fun idea.

So what say ye? Has this been done, have I wasted five minutes writing this? Am I wearing pants right now? These questions and more can be answered if the price is right!

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I have a couple of really nice EBS pedals that I'd be willing to trade for something called a "Funk Machine", which was a mid-70's cheapie envelope follower, it came in a square box with yellow lettering and it only had one knob. OR, I'm also interested in an early model Electro Harmonix bass synthesizer (not the Russian kind, it has to be the early model American manufacture that was built in the mid 70's). I have an EBS MultiComp compressor pedal and a UniChorus. If anyone's interested, drop me a PM.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My thread is bombing... that makes me sad. :crying:

I'd trade with you for that Compressor, but my effects aren't what you are looking for. :oops:

Isn't the funk machine what Flea used on "Sir Psyco Sexy"?

4. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I've discovered that my bass playin' doesn't really need delay, so if anybody's got a hankerin' for a Line6 DL4, I'd love a:

Way Huge Swollen Pickle fuzz or Piercing Moose octifuzz (will add cash on my end of course)

or maybe a Frantone Lo-Tone plus cash on your end

otherwise i'll just keep the DL4 around for a rainy day with my new GT7 and space waaay out. =0)

5. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I have a DOD Bass Phasor 401B (old) and a Tech21 Bass Compactor. I need an overdrive.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Is there an effect that actually goes by that name?!?!?! :eek: :confused: Because if there is... I don't have that... :( Delays are cool too.

Edit, YIKES! I didn't know the Line6 DL4 was worth 250... uh, you probably wouldn't trade with me then.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hey, if any trades do go through, post what happened, I'd like to hear about it. This idea could be a lot of fun. :)

8. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Yep, Way Huge had awesome names for all of their pedals. They're also going for 3-6 hundred bucks each now since they went out of business. Talk about "yikes". =0)

Nothing personal, I just don't have a need for either of your pedals =0)

9. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Hey Flatwound - you have PM! :D

StupidMatt: Good thread, man!

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

That pedal was made by seamoon. i might be able to get you one. let me have a dig around, talk to a few of my effects friends and then maybe we can talk.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Oh, no offense taken. It would be like if I gave you a dollar for a goat.

hmm... yeah :meh: :D

12. I have a ibanez black noise pedal from the soundtank collection, it's kind of an over the top distortion (hence the name) it works perfectly, just that i just got an odb-3 for christmas, and i don't need two distortions! i paid 40 bucks for it, and i would love to trade it for an envelope filter (follower, whatever) if anybody has a dod (FX40?) pedal like that, the one thats 30 bucks at musiciansfriend i would love to trade for it! of course, just about any pedal is cool!
    Charlie

13. I have an Ibanez PD-7 Phat Hed distortion, DOD Ice Box Chorus and Rocktek Flanger that I am willing to trade.

14. Dammit, I bought one just before xmas..... I don't have anything to trade though.

Unless anyone wants a totally and utterly dead Sansamp Tri-OD. Picked it up in a junk shop for £10 praying that it worked. Turns out someones tried to use it with a totally wrong power supply - not even tip-negative, so the safety fuses didn't blow. Would make a nice doorstop.

:meh:

15. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    parrot - got anything you wanna trade for an electro-harmonix mini qtron? to another poor UK student type?

16. Sorry man, I sold off my spares last month to pay for the DL4 I bought...... :(

Plus I'm not a big fan of filters.:oops:

17. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
  18. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Hey, it's working! I'm trading my Bass Compactor to my buddy PB for his ODB-something. Cool.

Still got the 401B available. :)

19. I have a danelectro fish and chips 7 band eq, and a black licorice beyond metal pedal.... which is a great sounding pedal on guitar.. and it will melt your eyeballs on bass. It is about the heaviest bass fuzz i've ever heard... retains bottom well. I also have a pandora px3b multi effects with 16 second phrase recorder looper stuff and an ass load of decent effects on it.

20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Sucess! I've finally made a contribution. This is beautiful man. :crying: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.