1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

have the new Stingrays been released?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bchamorro, Nov 26, 2008.

1. bchamorro

bchamorro

Nov 13, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I heard a while back that MM was going to release HH stingrays with the same type of wiring as the original H stingray.

:confused::confused::confused::hyper:

2. Bassmingo

Bassmingo

Nov 6, 2008
    Ireland
    did you try their website? i could tell you the answer but that would spoil the thrill of the hunt.

3. bchamorro

bchamorro

Nov 13, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    is that a NO?

I don't see anything new on their website.

4. mynan

mynan

Nov 7, 2007
    Grand Haven, MI
    The HH Stingrays have always had the same wiring/pickups as the H Stingrays. Alnico pickups wired parallel.

5. bchamorro

bchamorro

Nov 13, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    are you 100% sure?

I've just read things around talk bass that the tone form the bridge H on the HH is not the same as the tone on the bridge H on the H.

6. mynan

mynan

Nov 7, 2007
    Grand Haven, MI
    100% sure.

The Stingray5 is a different story.

7. bchamorro

bchamorro

Nov 13, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    oohhhh......

So its the Stingray 5 HH that sounds different from the Stingray 5 H when both on the bridge H?

8. mynan

mynan

Nov 7, 2007
    Grand Haven, MI
    No, the HH/HS SR5 sounded different than the SR4 until this year. This year (starting around April) the HH/HS SR5s started shipping from the factory with Alnico pickups wired parallel, just like the SR4. Previously, the HH/HS SR5s had ceramic pickups wired in series.

9. bchamorro

bchamorro

Nov 13, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    got it...
    so to clear things up...

all Stingrays (SR5 H, SR5HH, SRH, SRHH, SRHS, etc...) now sound the same on the bridge humbucker?

10. mynan

mynan

Nov 7, 2007
    Grand Haven, MI
    Yes, in theory. There are always going to be variables with wooden instruments, but the electronics are the same.

11. bchamorro

bchamorro

Nov 13, 2007
    Miami, Florida