Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have we established the used Metro Values yet?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Steve, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    They're so new I can't seen to get a handle on what they're worth on the used market.

Any info available?

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    They seem to be getting top dollar, and imagine it will come down some when they become more common. Having said that the NYC's don't seem to lose a whole lot of value. One thing they have going for them is Rogers insistance on uniform new pricing, so list is list. I imagine that they will pretty much always be worth at least 2/3rds of the new price in good shape. Basically with nobody dumping them new, the price will hold up. with most manufactuers (lower end) there is always some one out there giving away something, so there always seems to be something comaparible out ther new to lower the price, not the case with Metros. I've said before on this board there are two lines of basses on the market that are such good values new they are a better deal then most the used stuff out there in there price range, they are the Metros and Lakland Skylines. A Metro that sells new for 2000 is a better buy used for 1950 then almost anything in it's range! I know thats a hypethetical but I suspect the question when looking at a used Metro will always be the comparison to the new price and is the saveings worth it. There was one on the board last week, MV4 for 1650 shipped, 2000 new so you save about 400 with shipping Great Deal!