Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have you ever been black balled

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Dec 11, 2001.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    And what did you do? Swearing over the mike, getting in a fight, playing to loud, playing a style that didn't go over in the place you played at?

2. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Have you ever been black balled .....

Yeah....... When I had a friggin Vasectomy!!!
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Yeah, I was born with 2 of 'em!

Huh? He means what?

Ohhhhhhhh.........nevermind!

4. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    Black balled, eh? I don't know the term meself.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Woodchuck...you are evil, you do know that, right?

6. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    It means when clubs/venues will not let you perform. Usually some reason instigates it, such as bad behavior on a gig.

7. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Yeah, I was blackballed once. I was walking my dog one night, when Warwicknut suddenly jumped out at me. Little did he know how much I'd actually enjoy it. :D

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'll be getting my coat and now. :eek:

9. I got blueballed once.........:mad::eek::rolleyes:

Rock on
    Eric

10. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    But it's so cold outside, you've drunk too much to drive, and you've got no chance of getting a cab at this time of night.

Looks like you'll have to stay the night.

;)

11. I feel sorry for you, dude!:D

12. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    :eek: ..... *starts walking away* .. *turns around* ..... *runs away like a mad man* ...

13. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    I knew someone who got blueballed... he was in pain for 8 hours... it was quite hilarious, actually

14. I got "black balled" from a promoter in Chicago once back in 1984 or 5. He told me "You'll never work in this town again - I own this town"

Guess I shouldn't have punched him.

Turns out, as luck would have it - he didn't own the town (his loan didn't get approved, I guess), and played many a gig in Chi town since.

15. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Not no way, not no how!!!

16. b0nes83

b0nes83

Dec 14, 2000
    i got blue balld on a bus ride to chicago....ouch ouch ouch

17. There is nothing funny about getting blue balled. It hurts like a mo-fo.

I SO want to get that b!tch back.:mad:

Rock on
    Eric

18. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Not officially, but after our last gig, I'm thinking we might be (our singer walked out with a neon beer sign and a jukebox speaker, after being shorted $100). I have expected it in the past though. Some of the things that we probably should have been blackballed for: Guitarist drunk onstage, singer drunk onstage, guitarist and singer both drunk onstage, guitarist high onstage, singer high onstage, guitarist and singer high onstage, guitarist and singer drunk and high onstage, guitarist and singer stopping a show to get high onstage, not bringing in a decent crowd, drinking way more than our fair share of free beer, driving customers out of the bar by playing bad songs poorly and finally, by playing too loudly.

Come to think of it, maybe we have been blackballed -- that would definately explain the lack of turnout at our shows and our extreme difficulty in even booking a show to begin with! Hmmmm...

19. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    ahahahaha people keep saying "balls"! THIS THREAD ROCKS OZZY IS GOD

20. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Hategear, from all the post I've read of yours over the board, it sounds like it's a real pain in the ass to be in the band your in. :)