1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Have You Ever Been In a Mutual Breakup?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jazzin', Jul 21, 2007.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Have you ever broken up with someone mutually?

I haven't and don't know anyone who has.

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Yep, I guess we just drifted apart. One day she tried to give me a talk abut saving what we had and I just detached and left. She didn't try to stop me.

Still ended up having sex with her a few more times after that though, doh!

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    More like, she was calling to break up with me, but I was waiting for her to call so I could break up with her.
    We agreed that it was mutual, but would stay friends (That didn't happen) but, we got close again and dated again, and broke up last month.

4. i let you know when ive been in a relationship thats ends like that.

better yet ill let you when I have a relationship!

5. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    Yeah, right after college the guy I was dating got an internship in Indiana and he moved away. We continued it long distance for a short while but it just kind of gradually dissolved until one phone call I said "hey you know..." and he said "I know..." and I said "So you wanna..." and he said "yeah, that's best."

We never actually said the words LOL! But we both knew what we both meant. That was actually the best breakup ever, neither one of us cried or got depressed. We both continued on our merry ways.

6. Yep. We had a lot of fun, but just realized we shouldn't be dating. And we left on very good terms. Still talk all the time :)

7. Yep, last October my relationship of 8 years ended. We loved each other, but were not IN LOVE. Sounds weird, but was the truth and we both realized it. We are both in new relationships now but remain very good friends. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

8. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    Yes. I have managed to stay on friendly terms with all my ex-gfs.

Unfortunately, they are now all friends with my wife so I get to hear all the old gaffs again. Gwad

9. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    a lot like one seinfeld episode :/ em

p.s: can i be kramer?

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    yeah, my divorce...

11. cash87

cash87

Jun 26, 2006
    Louisville Ky
    Yup right after my first month in college we were just too far away and the relationship just kinda died down. We still talk occasionally but i havent seen her in while.

12. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    nail her.

13. cash87

cash87

Jun 26, 2006
    Louisville Ky
    lol given the chance i probably would for old times sake

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep. I was in love with her best friend, and we all knew it. I called her one day and we both said "we need to talk"... laughed, and realized it would be better if we ended it now, rather than later.

15. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    The mutual breakup has occurred on Seinfeld, but is not possible in the real world.

16. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    pictures will be needed.

17. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yes but we always had sex one last time.

18. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois

The summer I turned 21 I moved out of state to work in a resort type area and I began dating one of the waitresses who worked where I did. We spent the whole summer together until both of us left to go back to college. We both knew ahead of time though that is was only temporary, and during the last week we had together we really enjoyed ourselves and made sure that we parted in a positive way. I suppose this would probably not qualify as "real" dating for the purpose of your question since we certainly considered ourselves as sex friends and good time summer companions before genuine boyfriend/girlfriend. In fact, we exchanged numbers and adresses before we parted but neither of us ever called or wrote to the other.

I went back to that same resort to work the following summer and she arrived there about the same time I did, and when we saw each other it went straight back to the same situation as the previous year. :D By the end of that summer we parted again on great terms with both of us saying, "hey, maybe we'll see each other again next year".

19. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I have...went out with a girl for a month or so, and we both kinda lost interest...she said she didn't feel the same, and I was happy as hell for the next week...then started getting lonely >_>

Other than that, its cool, because unlike my previous girlfriends, we still talk a lot.

20. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Yes, we dated for a couple of months before her mom commited suicide. She had to move in with her dad who lives/works in Saudi Arabia.

Since she had just lost her mother and all of her friends, I told her I wold wait for her to come back. That date ended up getting pushed further and further back.

I waited 6 months before I told her that I couldn't do it anymore, and she agreed. Things worked out for the best.