Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have you ever been to Argentina?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 6, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

For those who have been their what was your expirence and impression of the people and country?. Thanks

2. MAJOR METAL

Anyone?

3. I'm sorry , never been there. Are you planning on going there ?

4. MAJOR METAL

I lived/worked with alot of Argentines and i just wanted to get some feed back from others who have expirence with the country and culture.

5. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Well, maybe I can help you. Just tell me what you wanna know.

6. I went to buenos aires, igazu falls, and calafate glacier for christmas last year. What & where are you asking about

7. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    I was there but it was a while ago (1988). Nice people, very European vibe...Buenos Aires at least. Best steaks I ever had anywhere. Very cool place, I thought.

8. MAJOR METAL

Maybe from you could tell us some of the cultural diffrences between the USA and Argentina.

9. well I'm certinaly not qualified to discuss cultural differences, however, from my observations. I found them very polite, very well dressed and the women to be in general very hot.
    to me they acted alot like people from south america. Ie, they go to work later in the morning, they take a long long lunch (many stores closed up from 12:30-2pm, then reopened til 7:30-800pm.), and when they party they don't go out til after 11pm or later. The clubs all stayed open til 4Am. I found many of the clubs i went to empty at 11Am, but packed at 2

I loved the food, and I loved the exchange rate.We can discuss the women in detail later

10. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I agree 100%
    (on everything but the exchange rate :D )