Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have you ever bought a scratch and dent from Zzounds

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Feb 15, 2006.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    The mark-down is awesome, but what exactly is marred? Are we talking about a rip in the tolex or caved-in grills?

I'm not against buying a cabinet that isn't pristine, but I'd like to know what's wrong with it.

2. Send them an email and ask. Some of the online dealers line zzounds, samedaymusic and americanmusical have good reputations.

3. didier

didier

Aug 4, 2005
    NC

I have bought a couple of things from them or one of the other ones, and it's never been bad, just a small scratch or ding, nothing that wouldn't be likely to happen after I moved it around a few times. In one case I couldn't find anything more than a smudge that I wiped off. Nothing that impaired the performance.

I haven't had to do this, but I operated on the theory that if it was really bad I could return it and just get a refund. I think you eat the shipping in this case, but it might be worth the gamble.

4. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I bought a Nemesis NSP115 cabinet from them last month from their clearance page. The box wasn't the box for that particular cabinet and looked like it spent time in Iraq before getting to me, but the cabinet itself was in excellent shape. The only traces of wear were some very minor scuffs on the plastic corners on the bottom. But I assumed it was a unit someone returned and I was OK with those very minor marks since it seemed like normal wear.

As it turned out I ended up returning it at the end of the return period since it wasn't entirely what I was looking for. I used the same box and packing material they used. maybe it will show up on the clearance page again?

5. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    We grabbed some JBL PA speakers this way. Small tears in the rat fur, one on a corner, the other on the back. The kind of thing that can happen at any gig. Got about a 50% discount off their usual selling price, work fine, full warranty.

Worked out well.