Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have you ever done this before?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Going into work, but switching the hours around in your head?

I just pulled one of those. I was thinking "10-5, okay." But it really turned out to be 5-10.

D'oh!

Anyone else done this recently?

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    No but when I used to have a corporate job at a computer company I once overslept by about two hours twice in one week. I just slept straight through my alarm going off. Luckily I had a very understanding supervisor (not a Lumbergh) who seemed to be more concerned about whether something was going on in my life that I needed help with than he was with punishing me or being mad about me being late. It probably also helped that I was a top performer in the dept.

brad cook

3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Sounds a little like what I did today. Completely overslept. Hit the snooze like 10 times. Then realized I was late, jumped in the shower, threw some clothes on and drove like crazy to work only to find out that I didn't need to be in until 5 minutes after I got there.

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    For some reason, my cheap clock radio gains one hour every time it's unplugged, even though the battery's supposed to keep the clock going. I learned that after a power outage in my building over the weekend, so instead of waking up at 4 am on monday, I woke up at three and arrived at work at 4. It felt weird but I was too groggy to tell the difference. Everyone looked at me funny when I arrived.

I ended up going out and sleeping in my car for an hour. :meh:

5. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Yesterday, i wansn't sure what time i was supposed to be in. I was thinking six to midnight, but I figured i'd wake up early and go look at the schedule posted at the theatre, when i got there i was noon to midnight... thats one of the worst feelings... to go in and find out you're on a twelve hour shift as opposed to six...

6. lol!