1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Have you ever felt like you were selling your soul ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Apr 3, 2006.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

Have any of you ever been in a situation in life where you bascially felt like you were selling your soul to accomplish something? It's kind of like you are at the complete mercy of another individual or institution for you to reach the end result of your objective and no matter how uncomfortable or unhappy you were with the situation you had to endure what ever was set before you?.It is a humbling expirence to say the least.

2. I can certainly appreciate that feeling. Of course I have a fairly bleak view of people with power (politicians and corporations) to start with so I feel that a lot. Just by participating in society. I hope you can find your way through your particular situation.

3. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    I played "Mony Mony" in a band for years.

4. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

sounds like your'e having a tough time yourself ...
    i hope everything works out for you .

sometimes it's best to walk away from situations that make you feel like that ,
    even if alot of money is involved .

you know what they say , " MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL ..."

Peace ,
    dave

5. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    Am currently in that sort of situation.

Am pretty much pegging a crap load on a job offer coming through but do have one or two other backup plans but nothing that really seems hugely viable. And to top it all off the people are really taking their time about getting back to me; very un-nerving.

As for the whole soul selling thing, that comes in with the fact that my fiance is in another country and this job would potentially mean that I would see her a lot sooner.

6. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Sounds like somebody just got a day job!

7. I just gave up on IT support and went to school to learn how to build guitars. Now I have to get one more crappy "pay the bills job" to get set up so I can take a shot at being self employed. No longer do I want to work overtime and put up with company politics. I'm tired of headcount being cut while the work load doubles for the same pay rate so others can continue to buy 2 million dollar homes. I'd rather work twice as hard to be able to retire at 75 and be my own dog.

That being said, I have submitted a hundred resumes for customer service, tech support and what not without one email or call back. I feel ya.

8. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    It's called graduate school.

9. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    No, but it's going to be hard to avoid it if I become a journalist. thank god for integrity, i hope it holds.

10. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    My thoughts exactly.

Marshall

11. When I first started working at UPS. Well I didnt' really sell it, they took it from me. I am trying to get it back though.

12. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    "It may be the Devil or it may be the Lord, but you're gonna serve somebody"

Bob Dylan

13. Selling my values? Yes.

Soul? not so much.

14. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    AZ, USA
    Ha, just got mine back getting into feeder dept.

15. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Whats up, Major?

16. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Every time i shop keytar center. :D

:ninja:

17. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

Waiting on my G&L to come in !

18. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Yes. Well maybe this is going to be your lucky week. I'm home this week so I hope it is. Matt said maybe this week.

Is that what your talking about, selling your soul? a situation you have to endure?

19. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    When I first installed MSN Messenger because of peer pressure.. :bawl:

20. Working for big corporations.