1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Have you ever found one of your old instruments on reverb.com?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tony In Philly, Mar 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tony In Philly

Tony In Philly Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Filthydelphia, USA
    I just found my beloved and very missed old Mellotron on reverb.com yesterday:

Mellotron M400 1976 White | Reverb

I stupidly sold her for only $300 back in 1986 because I was convinced that digital sampling had totally superseded it (plus we needed the space for a new room for our growing family). Now it's going for $5,800!

Seeing it there was like going to a party with one of your old girlfriends there and she still looks hot. You know the feeling....oh well maybe it's time to spring for a Mellotron 4000D as a consolation. They go for only $2750 and they sound exactly the same but with infinite sounds. The physically smaller models go for even less.

2. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan.

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    Nope, haven't sold much gear over the years. Nothing I have sold is anything I'd want back anyway.

3. Sharknose79

Sharknose79 UNPAID greenboy/fEARful endorser

Sep 15, 2011
    South Cackalacky
    I have nothing to disclose at this time.
    Yep.
    In the Summer of 1981 I hocked my Yamaha FIFTY 115B at a pawn shop for books for college.
    I intended on getting it back, but never had the $$$ as a student. I transfered away the next spring semester.

I found it on eBay recently.
    I was very tempted to go get it....but I did not.

I know this is mine from the dented cone and the damping removed from the ports...
    I will NEVER forget that.
    Pawned in June 1981...surfaces almost 35 years later.

I'm cool with this.

g100-top-mid-s. yamahafif-1451151129-10348. yamahafif-1451151129-10350. yamahafif-1451151129-10352. yamahafif-1451151130-10356.

Attached Files:

Tony B. Filthy likes this.
  4. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    I haven't had that happen--but I once had someone use a picture of my classical guitar I had posted online as part of their ad on Kijiji.

5. pica

pica Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan

How can you be sure it's your old one. Just curious

6. Tony In Philly

Tony In Philly Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Filthydelphia, USA
    I could tell by the serial number, plus it was clear from pictures it had all the modifications I had added to it by their US distributor at the time.

7. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    If, that's IF, I ever sold one of my guitars, I'd be able to tell.
    When I bought my Mustang the store had a second one with an odd brown finish--I have seen it at stores a couple of times since--so it's had at least 4 owners. But I recognize it (There was a mod done that is obvious.)