have you ever gotten angry when someone...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by slickhare, Dec 14, 2005.

1. slickhare

Feb 2, 2005
    asks to play your bass who's not a musician? i made this mistake when i was first starting, all giddy and happy. but now if anyone who doesn't really play and instrument or anything asks "hey can i play your guitar (yet another pet peeve of mine)???" i tell them no. i guess other people see my instruments as just objects. but i see them as a physical manifestation of my creative side. so i dont want their grimy, greasy, nasty hands running all up and down a part of me! usually i take heat for being to "paranoid" or "OCD" but i'm serious about bass and i don't want people messing with my babies! it's like if someone came up to you and asked you "hey could i grope you for a sec?" you'd say not right... ugh rant off

comments welcome :D
  2. BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Usually you can tell if someone is a serious musican.

What really get's my back up is when people assume that the bass is easy to play because they hear the parts as simple.

Hey, Zen sounds simple too.
  3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    i dont mind, but if they're greasy or if they bang it a bit then i punch them in the face and take it back. Then i step on their neck.

Im violent...
  4. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

That's a good way to add some unwanted "character" to your instrument - get it out of their hands, THEN punch them in the face, should you deem it necessary... BTW, stepping on their necks is a nice touch(I'm violent, too)...

- georgestrings
  5. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    As for the original question, depending on how I'm asked, and whose asking, I *might* respond with:

"I don't know - do you mind if I bang your wife/girlfriend/sister???" - that usually gets the point across... Non-musicians that would ask such a question usually are asses, and will likely subject your gear to abuse - then I'd have to thump them - why even let it get that far???

If it's another musician asking, and he looks like he's got his act together, then I'll probably let him play my bass, if the situation allows for it - although I won't subject my instrument/equipment to any risk, or be rude to my bandmates - regardless of whom it is...

- georgestrings