1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Have you ever heard a song and didnt know what it was?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mfgl, Sep 18, 2008.

1. mfgl

mfgl

Jul 1, 2008
    Altoona PA
    cool feature i found in my verizon wireless phone. you can hold your phone up to a speaker and it will identify almost any published song ever made heres how.
    get it now>music&tones>get new ringtones>vcast song ID> ID new song> follow on screen directions.

This is a free service. if "vcast song id" isnt listed under the get new ringtones menu, select get new app and get it, its free. It is very hard to stump. I never played any underground/local music. but it has identified a ton of hardcore bands/death/black metal bands and stuff that i didnt think it would know. Its pretty neat and free:)

2. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Nothing is free! You're paying for it somehow, for sure. I don't have Verizon, so I can't even guess how much money they must be screwing you out of if this is included.

That said, I agree that it is a really cool thing. Much easier than trying to sing the bassline or meldody or whatever to someone, hoping they can figure out what it is, or hoping you can remember some lyrics to search for when you get home. :)