Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have you ever heard of a friends death over the internet

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 18, 2004.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Yesterday i read the unfourtunate news that a friend of mine that i was a teaching brother with died, he was 68. This is the second time i have had to here of a Friends passing via email rather then a call. Has anyone else heard of a friends passing via email or internet, i find it to be more difficult to here then if you were told in person. May the Good Lord give you your eternal reward Brother Leo.

2. sorry to hear about that. :(

in June last year, a guy I "met" thru' a computer game (descent 3...) died of a heart attack at the big LAN party in Cali.

everyone was bummed. it was pretty horrific...

sucks to think, as wlel, that he coulda been a great friend to have in person..

:(

3. one of my good friends brother died. sad thing was that he was on aol instant messanger, and had an away message up. it said "be back in a minute, getting some water". so the girl called her brothers best friend, who was dating my sister, so my sister told me. it was really sad.

4. yea kind of.. I stumbled upon a tribute site in honor of a club and music scene http://home.fuse.net/hohorecords/jockeyclub_history.htm that I was apart of long ago. In the open forum. I read there that I had died of a hidious illness. Some people would refer to me and end with RIP.. wow! I was kind of freaked out at first. so they all thought I had been dead for the last 10 years. I posted a reply saying that I was not dead and got things straightend out..old friends were really really happy I wasn't dead. A old girl friend even named her baby after me. :)

5. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    This also brings up the question of whether any major contributors here at TB have ever passed without us knowing.

People disappear, but nobody here really knows what happens to them :(

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thats very true, i once was thinking if i died unexpectedly that most the people here wouldent even here of it.