1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Have you ever just gottne tired of dealing with people?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by WarofAges, Sep 19, 2008.

1. WarofAges

WarofAges Guest

Sep 28, 2007
    Just sick of civilization and ignorant people? I think the only thing that is keeping me from disapearing on my own for a while, or keeping me from joining the military, is music. The day I was supposed to swear in and sign papers with the marine corps was the day my current band mate asked me to play bass for them. I thought I would give it a chance and a couple of years.

It's just wierd, im not a very social person, i mean i have a lot of friends and like to party, biut I am truly happy when i am out in the wilderness, hunting, fishing providing for myself, and away from civilization and city life.

my dream would seriously be to have my own cabin out in the woods in my own plot of land, away from any cities, just living off the land.

I guess this just comes from me being raised in the middle of no where in pennsylvania, where to be able to live through the winter meant me and my brother had to go out and hunt a couple of deer and collect firewood.

It was odd moving from that kind of place to San Jose california where my neighbors were a few feet away instead a couple miles, and gun shots meant violence between humans, instead of hunters and me being drunk on my back porch shooting coyotes

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yep. So I'm taking tomorrow off with pay. I will be unavailable to all humans tomorrow. I'm good with the dog, though. I might come on here to annoy a few of you.

3. I got sick of people about 20 years ago.

4. WarofAges

WarofAges Guest

Sep 28, 2007
    you so lost me...:meh:

5. peterosehuhhm1.

6. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    So, everyone else is ignorant?
    Or is it that you just don't understand?

7. people yes, im somehow ok with individuals. :meh:

8. WarofAges

WarofAges Guest

Sep 28, 2007
    no, im just a very impatient person and easily agrivated, so some people are very successful at pissing me off and i would much rather be away from that to reduce my stress level

9. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Sounds like you need a Walden.

[​IMG]

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    What was with the neck beard thing back then? No chin hair, just neck. I could easily grow a neck beard, but I'd look like a total jackass.

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    pfft. If you didn't like hunting and killing things I'd call you emo.

12. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    It's called displaced anger. You're a text book case. Get some counseling to find out why you are so angry/impatient. There's also medication available for this type of problem.

People don't piss you off. You're already pissed off (at something) and use others to relieve your anxiety/anger.

You can live much longer if you calm down.

13. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Our modern world is pretty messed up, IMHO, so I think it is completely normal to be sick and tired of it, AND a lot of the people that inhabit it. If you look at what is on TV, or 'popular' in terms of music and culture ... it's all aimed at the lowest common denominator. The LCD might be a nice person, but they can be pretty ignorant, stupid and superficial too. Who wouldn't get tired of dealing with that poopie? :)

I'd be hoping to retire in my Mum's country of birth (not Australia, it's a small Eastern-European country), living just as you say. :)

Your frustration and impatience with people is not surprising, and I hardly think you've got 'problems' just because of this. It may help to do some 'self-discovery', like working out your personality type and so on .... just because you *might* be in the minority with your feelings and opinions, doesn't make you wrong. You may even be the most sane and 'normal' out of everyone you know! :D

14. ForestThump

ForestThump

Jun 15, 2005
    Paris
    Laugh off or ignore imbeciles as much as possible.
    Playing bass in any situation is better than being in Iraq.
    Consider getting a day job as a forest ranger or something.
    Take weekend trips to the woods.
    Stay off meds if you can.
    And no one should diss Thoreau about anything including his beard.
    He was one of America's greatest minds!

15. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Feb 25, 2006
    Kent UK
    I just listened to your music and my girlfriend is now offended!!

It's loud and fast Death Metal style.

Maybe if you played some chilled reggae (for example) every now and then it could give you an alternative perspective on music that evokes different emotions.....

16. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    You considered the military as an escape from people?? You do realize the marine corps has people on their payroll whose sole purpose in life is to make you miserable for several weeks right??

Get some fertilizer, some fuel oil and a bunch of stamps and move out to a windowless shack in the woods. Nuthin like mailing letter bombs from a non disclosed location to lift your spirits!

17. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    Sartre was right: L'enfer, c'est les autres.

18. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    all his mates were french though ;)

19. eleonn

eleonn

Aug 24, 2006
    Lima - Perú
    All the cabin thing sounds really nice but this :eyebrow:

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Actually WarofAges, my name is MJ5150 and I like to party. You'll have to say something else about yourself.

-Mike