1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Have you ever refered to yourself as Mister ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 25, 2008.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Have you ever refered to yourself as Mister ? I do not but I recently heard someones voice mail and on it they said " you have reached the voice mail of Mister John ********* " and after I heard it I thought I have never heard anyone refer to themselves as Mister in this way before.

2. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    No. I try not to. But probably. It was sarcasm.

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    No. but you call me St. Mark all the time. Which is cool! :cool:

4. Yes.

Mr. Mike_v_s

5. Yes.

And I insist that my minions and assorted flotsam and jetsam not make eye contact when in my presence.

6. N8116B

N8116B

Jan 14, 2008
    Earth
    Yes, I made the neighbor kid call me Mister

7. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I think it's as pretentious as listing a bunch of acronyms after your name to think you are improving your own self worth.

8. So.........I should drop the ,knifemaker, esquire?? :eyebrow:

9. Hey... I paid a helluva lot for those letters after my name, and I intend to get my money's worth. :p

10. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    I can hear it now (que day dream music)

N8116B says: Now listen boy, when you give me the newspaper, I want you to say...
    "Mister, Mister... here's your paper" :)

11. All the time.

12. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    No. I'm referred to as Dr.

13. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

I personally prefer "Mr.Asshat" thank you.

14. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    No, but thanks to the wonder of forms on the web that insist you provide a title for yourself, I occasionally receive mail addressing me as "Professor". That made me laugh, so now I always put "Grandmaster".

And if anyone ever calls me "Sir", I call them "Boss" for the rest of the conversation.

15. I use:

"The" BlackLake

16. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    No, but I refer to myself as "Miss Sunni" as I've worked with kids for so long that not only do I call myself that but I speak in the third person.

"Miss Sunni is very disappointed in your behavior!"
    "Miss Sunni is going to count to three and then you'd better stop licking your friend's foot!" (something I actually said!)
    "Miss Sunni is very proud of you for going potty!"

17. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    No. I'd rather refer to myself as "His Excellence" :D

18. Yep. It estabishes a precedence of formality.. plus sends a subtle message: "I'm not to be taken lightly or disrespectfully by you".

19. N8116B

N8116B

Jan 14, 2008
    Earth
    Not that bad. The kid is a little twerp and he comes over a lot. He asks me what my name is and I tell him Mr. _____, he does not believe me and asks again and I tell him Mr. ______ and my wifes is MRS. ______ He still to this day, 10 years later, calls us Mr and Mrs._____. Considering his folks are white trash this was the first and probably only time he was taught any manners. I also expect it scared him a little and he stopped coming over and messing around with my stuff when I was not home.

20. bigthemat

bigthemat

Jan 25, 2008
    Salt Lake City
    Only when I am at school do I make the kids call me Mr. Although, once I get my own class, they are calling me Maestro!!