1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Have you ever rocked so hard you smash your bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Logic_11, Feb 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Logic_11

Logic_11

Nov 22, 2015
    Atlantic Ocean
    :bassist:

2. Brother Goose

Brother Goose The Process IS the Reward! Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    working up to it

3. thomcat79

thomcat79

Apr 9, 2014
    scotland
    Can't say that I have, but then again I haven't played much Nirvana :D:bassist:

4. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Nope.

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yes, but I knew I was going to do it and bought a cheap bass for the occasion.

Freez likes this.
  6. I was playing a show once when the neck came off my bass mid song. I chucked the bass off to the side braking the neck in half. Good times

7. thomcat79

thomcat79

Apr 9, 2014
    scotland
    What bass were you playing ? Just so I know what bass to never buy :laugh:

Kustom_Thunder likes this.
  8. image. image.
    MIM p-bass with an aftermarket no name neck that lasted 3 weeks before screw holes striped out and the neck pulled right off. I've sense put a proper neck on it,we get along much better now.

Old broken neck pic one second pic is the new neck I found

DiabolusInMusic and thomcat79 like this.
  9. thomcat79

thomcat79

Apr 9, 2014
    scotland
    Oooohhh that first picture is sore to look at, and I thought it was bad when my strap snapped during a gig :laugh: but she looks great now, all's well that ends well :D:bassist:

Kustom_Thunder likes this.
  10. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    Yes. However I was far too lubricated at the time.

11. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Nope, but I did destroy a watch and a mic doing a "dramatic" :rollno: pull off. Well, I need to explain that I'm left handed and wear my watch on my right wrist. But, I do play righty.

12. Nah, but I did break the cable off my guitarist's pedalboard once in high school. We were standing really close by and some crazy songs later, our cables were entangled to the point that my headbanging broke the cable leading from his guitar to the pedalboard.

13. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    Not a bass, but one time when I was doing something crazy, the bass ended hitting my jaw in such a way that I chipped a tooth. Thankfully, it was in the back and was very minor (as in, the dentist didn't see any other cracks and wasn't concerned about fixing it).

14. vmabus

vmabus

Nov 1, 2013
    7200'
    Once I rocked forward as I as taking it off, and smashed the upper horn into my mouth.
    Ouch!

15. scrubjay

scrubjay

Mar 30, 2015
    New Jersey
    I broke an E string once :bassist:

16. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    smashbass. smashbass1.

devnulljp likes this.
  17. stacker

stacker Banned

Feb 24, 2010
    scotland
    Did it once, due to a weak strap and being too fkn flash!

I used to have a Status Series II and at the end of one song I had to hit low A and the A and G harmonics on the D and G strings simultaneously. As the harmonics rang, I'd modulate them with the heel of my left hand at the bottom of them neck. One night, throwing a shape and bending the harmonics, the strap snapped and the Status went flying off and landed - where else?? - on the iron foot of an old mic stand, gouging the upper horn. The whole bass had to be stripped and refinished.

Nowadays, Status basses have the 'Bend well'. Wish mine had had that back in the '80s.:(

18. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    I stomped a hole in the top of an acoustic guitar for a photo shoot once, does that count?

19. The Chuck

The Chuck

Dec 11, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    No but one time I rocked so hard my face slid off.

20. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I have smashed my bass into all kind of things, it is usually a mic stand. I am a bit of a klutz.

I have put a guitar through an amp as well if that is what you are referring to. The Crate amp didn't make it but the guitar, I want to say a NOVA, held up surprising well and even kept tune... I was a teenager...