Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

have you ever seen or played one of these

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Apr 10, 2002.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
  2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    It sort of looks like a Lakland, without the Rounded bridge. Where did you find out about those basses? Their site looks pretty nice aswell, i imagine the 6-er version of that bass is beeeeeeeutiful awell :D

3. 98dvl

98dvl

Jan 31, 2002
    USA
    That picture (and the others on the site) look weird... Almost like they're 3D models or something.

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I think they are... and if you look at the website, under "basses", 3D models is all there is. How can one think you can sell a bass without real examples of actual woodworking?

5. richperson

richperson

Mar 20, 2002
    The "Instrumental Music" store in Thousand Oaks, CA has several of these in stock. I played a couple of them. I am a novice so please take that into account, but I wasn't all that impressed. They look great, but the Low Bs seemed floppy and most of the models had a finished neck. I don't like the sticky feeling of painted and finished necks so that was a big turn off to me. They do have one of the nicest looking head stocks I have seen, for what it's worth. I don't have the link but I think Instrumental Music does have a web site. Good luck.

Rich

6. td1368

td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Philadelphia
    I'd say it's definitely a computer model. Kind of strange they wouldn't show the actual wood finish.
    The head stock is pretty convincing but the body gives it away. wood finish, knobs, strings at bridge, lighting at the rounded body edges. Like to see a photo of the real deal.

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Actually, these instruments remind me of the Schecter diamond series, and the control configuration screams DeArmond Pilot. Maybe they're made by the same people?

8. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Keith Brawley is an ex-VP of Fender. He was in charge of the Squier line I believe while he was there.

9. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    you discovered the real reason i posted this pic. i liked the idea to see if i was the only one to have the feeling that this is a 3D model or not.
    i am not alone!