Have You Ever

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Feb 5, 2006.

1. bought a bass just for the pickups and electronics and put in a bass you like better?....i like the cort funkmachine, the bart mk1s, auto wah and slap switch the body and neck are ok, but i prefer jazz basses ALOT better, would it be real stupid buting the cort funkmachine ($999rrp aus) taking the pickups and electronics out and placing them in a jazz bass?
  2. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    The real question is whether or not it's ecomonically feasible (not stupid). To answer this...

* Are the electronics you want available as aftermarket parts? If so, how much?
    * Can you recoup some money from the body/neck you are taking the parts out of?
    * How much is it worth to you?
  3. well as far as i know, you cant buy bart mk1 preamp and pickups, and the funkmachine is the only bass i know that has a built in envelope filter and ive never seen another preamp with that
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Id just buy an envelope filter pedal
  5. did you ever try talking to Bartolini to see if they can custom make the preamp for you? if they could, it'd have to be less then $999 aus...or maybe try emailing Cort to see if they could get you a replacement preamp? I would guess they would have a few sitting around, in case there were any problems with the bass, unless Cort makes the funkmachine only when one is ordered.
    on the other hand, you could even talk to cort to see if they can make you a jazz bass type bass with those electronics...

personally i wouldn't buy a 1000 dollar bass just to not use it...