Have you guys seen this kid?!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by slapadelic, May 20, 2007.

1. JKT

JKT

Apr 30, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Endorsing Artist: Barker Basses
    Me either. I appreciate"tracy" for it's technical difficulty but it never moved me.

JKT

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Just wondering................how many 12 year old kids are writing original basslines/music? Better yet, when you or I were 12, were you or I trying to write original basslines/music?

I can bet 99% of us were busy copping our favorite basslines and not so concerned with being a virtuoso at that age!

Give the kid a break! He's having fun!

I stll say he has to get rid of that piece of Warwick log and buy a Fender Jazz! :)

3. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    Anyone else think he looks like a monkey?

4. T-MOST

T-MOST

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    I think chops at a young age is definately impressive. If this kid is twelve how long could he have been playing? 5 maaaybe seven years max?! chops like that on a 12 year old are definately impressive or anyone who has only 5 years experience. So if a 35 year old dude played like that and said he just picked up the bass 5 years ago I would be equally impressed.

5. paradigm_shift

paradigm_shift

Mar 29, 2007
    in his profile he says hes been playin 2 and a half...

6. Buzzgroove

Buzzgroove

Apr 11, 2007
    Scotland
    Just caught his clip on youtube, I think it's great to see a kid that age really enjoying what he's doing and trying to be as good as he can be. He looks not much older than my youngest, who is 10, so he may be about 12 I think.
    Don't think anyone should be too harsh about 'originality' given his age and time playing.

7. Otso

Otso

Mar 6, 2006
    Finland
    He's not bad.

8. lilterier

lilterier Inactive

May 21, 2007
    The kid is good, but if he really got it only time can tell.. ;)

9. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    i wish i started playing when i was 5 or 6 because my fingers and muscles would have formed differently. this kid is probably past that point but still

10. lilterier

lilterier Inactive

May 21, 2007
    Music is in yor head, not in your muscles.

Your muscles can be trained at pretty much any age, michael romeo is on of the most technical guitar players out there and he started playing seriously when he was 18.. of course, he still writes crappy ass music. ;)

11. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    phew yeah, hes really amazing.

12. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    +1 to that Buzz

Some of us are being a bit to hard on him. This kid is good and I wish I started playing at that age. I started when I was 27....Bass that is.

Good job kid!!...Stay off the crack and you'll do good:D

13. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    *raises hand*

14. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

So......you're 12?! If'n you are, you are a rare breed! And you have a hellova lot of equipment for a 12 year old!!

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 19, 2021