Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have you guys seen this new Brice??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Check out this six-string Brice!

[​IMG]
    It sure looks nice to me! The Bubinga top looks pretty thick for an inexpensive bass.

2. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    is that the one that's listed on ebay like 4 times for like $400?

3. It's a new one at Rondo Music, and it is $400. They've got a few of these they're selling on Ebay.

4. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida

Yea Rondomusic actually has 4 new SX's too! :)

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    There was a thread not too long ago about this bass. Looks really nice.

6. I saw that!! They've got their '75 Jazz copies again! Too bad I don't have the scratch to snatch one up! They'll be gone by the end of the week!

7. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i really like those Brices. it's on my GAS list among custom Pedullas and Fury Guitars.

8. If only they made these nice looking Brices in 4-string versions! I'd love to have one of these:

[​IMG]

or these:

[​IMG]

as a 4-string!

9. I got one of the 6 string (Blue as in the above picture from Fourstringbliss) delivered to me here in Australia for around $600 Australian Dollars, this also covered freight and duty!!!!
    Took it out of the box and played it live that night - neck was perfect as was the intonation. The only thing I would change is the Pick Ups but this is a personal thing.
    They are definately THE BEST value for money I have ever seen. I also bought a 5 string SX Jazz Model from Rondo and again - perfect.
    To all the big "Name" manufacturers out there - Beware

10. Like I said, I'd love to have one of these in a 4-string versin! I agree about the pickups. I can definitely see replacing these pickups and you'd still have a great value because of the wood choices and build quality.

11. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I played this new bass, the Defiant, at Rondo a couple of weeks ago. I only messed around with it for about 10 minutes or so, so take this info for what it's worth.

The set up was okay, maybe the action was just a bit high but there was room to adjust. A little intonation problem in the higher registers, but I'm pretty sure a set-up would correct that.

Although it's pretty cool looking, it really doesn't sound or feel that much different than the Brice HXB406. The neck feels just about the same, and I think the electronics are also the same as the HXB. The top is definitely thicker than the paper thin stuff they use on the HXB. The $100+ difference in price between the HXB and the Defiant seems to be purely in the shape and top, other than that they're the same type of bass.

If I was going to spend $400 on the Defiant, I'd definitely go the extra $50 and get the Prestige Z6 ..... that's a lot more bass for the money, IMO .... :cool: