Have you guys seen this new Brice??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Check out this six-string Brice!

It sure looks nice to me! The Bubinga top looks pretty thick for an inexpensive bass.
  2. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    is that the one that's listed on ebay like 4 times for like $400?
  3. It's a new one at Rondo Music, and it is $400. They've got a few of these they're selling on Ebay.
  4. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005

Yea Rondomusic actually has 4 new SX's too! :)
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    There was a thread not too long ago about this bass. Looks really nice.
  6. I saw that!! They've got their '75 Jazz copies again! Too bad I don't have the scratch to snatch one up! They'll be gone by the end of the week!
  7. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i really like those Brices. it's on my GAS list among custom Pedullas and Fury Guitars.
  8. If only they made these nice looking Brices in 4-string versions! I'd love to have one of these:

or these:

as a 4-string!
  9. I got one of the 6 string (Blue as in the above picture from Fourstringbliss) delivered to me here in Australia for around $600 Australian Dollars, this also covered freight and duty!!!!
    Took it out of the box and played it live that night - neck was perfect as was the intonation. The only thing I would change is the Pick Ups but this is a personal thing.
    They are definately THE BEST value for money I have ever seen. I also bought a 5 string SX Jazz Model from Rondo and again - perfect.
    To all the big "Name" manufacturers out there - Beware
  10. Like I said, I'd love to have one of these in a 4-string versin! I agree about the pickups. I can definitely see replacing these pickups and you'd still have a great value because of the wood choices and build quality.
  11. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I played this new bass, the Defiant, at Rondo a couple of weeks ago. I only messed around with it for about 10 minutes or so, so take this info for what it's worth.

The set up was okay, maybe the action was just a bit high but there was room to adjust. A little intonation problem in the higher registers, but I'm pretty sure a set-up would correct that.

Although it's pretty cool looking, it really doesn't sound or feel that much different than the Brice HXB406. The neck feels just about the same, and I think the electronics are also the same as the HXB. The top is definitely thicker than the paper thin stuff they use on the HXB. The $100+ difference in price between the HXB and the Defiant seems to be purely in the shape and top, other than that they're the same type of bass.

If I was going to spend $400 on the Defiant, I'd definitely go the extra $50 and get the Prestige Z6 ..... that's a lot more bass for the money, IMO .... :cool: