Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have you heard about these basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MOR_Lio, Oct 10, 2004.

1. MOR_Lio

MOR_Lio

Sep 9, 2004
    Hi everybody!

I want to buy a new bass, and I am pretty sure it will be a Fender. I've been told about Fender basses called Precision Plus, wich would be p-basses with a jazz pick up added.
    So do you know if Fender are still making theses basses, and if I could find a Precision Plus Made in Mexico because I won't be able to buy an american.

Thanks

2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    no it was discontinued, but you can get the MIM precicion deluxe thats made in mexico with p-j pick ups, and if you are going to buy it you better get a brown burst with mapple fingerboard or the black with the mapple fingerboard.

Peace Alex.

3. MOR_Lio

MOR_Lio

Sep 9, 2004
    Thanks for answering!

Are you sure I can find a precision deluxe MIM, cause I don't think there is any on the Fender website??

4. Those P Bass Specials are easy to find, and you can order one online or at a local shop. Great basses for the price. Very nice necks. You can also probably find a used MIJ P Bass Special, they're on Ebay all the time. Same deal - P/J.

5. MOR_Lio

MOR_Lio

Sep 9, 2004
    thank you very much for those precious informations!

6. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

The MIM Fender Deluxe Zone has a similar pickup configuration P plus J with a smaller "Precision Lyte" body style, active electronics and string-thru body, a nice guitar.

7. csholtmeier

csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    For a couple bucks more than an MIM Precision Deluxe you can give bassnw.com a call and ask if have any Tribute SB-2's left. In my opinion, these things smoke just about any PJ that says Fender on the headstock. The last time I checked they had a sunburst with maple fretboard one left.

8. What about a Sadowsky with a fender logo? :smug: