Have you heard about these basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MOR_Lio, Oct 10, 2004.

1. MOR_Lio

Sep 9, 2004
    Hi everybody!

I want to buy a new bass, and I am pretty sure it will be a Fender. I've been told about Fender basses called Precision Plus, wich would be p-basses with a jazz pick up added.
    So do you know if Fender are still making theses basses, and if I could find a Precision Plus Made in Mexico because I won't be able to buy an american.

2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    no it was discontinued, but you can get the MIM precicion deluxe thats made in mexico with p-j pick ups, and if you are going to buy it you better get a brown burst with mapple fingerboard or the black with the mapple fingerboard.

Peace Alex.
  3. MOR_Lio

Sep 9, 2004
    Thanks for answering!

Are you sure I can find a precision deluxe MIM, cause I don't think there is any on the Fender website??
  4. Those P Bass Specials are easy to find, and you can order one online or at a local shop. Great basses for the price. Very nice necks. You can also probably find a used MIJ P Bass Special, they're on Ebay all the time. Same deal - P/J.
  5. MOR_Lio

Sep 9, 2004
    thank you very much for those precious informations!
  6. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

The MIM Fender Deluxe Zone has a similar pickup configuration P plus J with a smaller "Precision Lyte" body style, active electronics and string-thru body, a nice guitar.
  7. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    For a couple bucks more than an MIM Precision Deluxe you can give bassnw.com a call and ask if have any Tribute SB-2's left. In my opinion, these things smoke just about any PJ that says Fender on the headstock. The last time I checked they had a sunburst with maple fretboard one left.

8. What about a Sadowsky with a fender logo? :smug: