Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Have you heard of Fearless Guitars?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Texas Red, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Texas Red

Texas Red

Dec 10, 2005
    It's this new store in Portland, Or. Their website is fearlessguitars.com. I went in last week and the owner and sales person were both really nice! They had mostly used Yamahas and new Modulus basses... There was one Turner Renn 5-string fretless that was really interesting. And they had a Zeta upright as well. Really great gear, a bit above my head. Has anyone else heard/been? What about the gear? I'm a bit of a newbie, so all of the info I got didn't stick. :eyebrow:

2. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I went in there two weeks ago and played the Wal there. The guy who works there is wicked nice and very knowledgable. I'm going to have him work on a bass for me and prbly buy a bergantino cab off him. MY FAVORITE MUSIC STORE!!!

3. i wonder what the fearless bass will look like...
    ootherwise its a nice looking shop...i wish there was one like that around here!

4. Alix Thump

Alix Thump

Dec 23, 2011
    Oregon
    +1 for Chance @ Fearless Guitars! (Portland, OR).
    I was referred to Fearless Guitars by a friend of mine who has had some amazing upgrades done on his stuff (bass & guitar). I needed an emergency setup after switching from stock strings to GHS pressurewound on my Gibson reissue SG (EB0 type). It was a little bit like being at the doctor... Chance sat down with me and observed my playing style, asked me about what I was wanted to change in my tone and then we chatted about my options on this and another bass I use (Ibanez lawsuit series P copy). He listened carefully and took notes about what I'm after with the rig I'm using. He's going to change out the tone cap and maybe the tone pot in the SG and do some noise-proofing. He's going to sit down and try some different configurations with what I've got to find a combination that will do what I need. Suffice it to say, I've been to the "tone doctor" and am very exited to get the results. Will report back but I'm pretty confident based on previous encounters with his work that the result will be sick-wicked-good.:hyper:

After reading the reviews I am strongly leaning towards the Villex P p'ups for my Ibanez P copy.