Have you heard of Palatino strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by reiver1, Nov 3, 2004.

1. I saw a VERY inexpensive set of perlon core steel bass strings on that auction site;) .

Anyone ever heard of Palatino strings? If it's like the Palatino line of Chinese basses, I'll just run the other way, but I'd hate to pass up a bargain if there's any quality there.

2. Alexi David

Alexi David

May 15, 2003
    I'd be terrified to purchase anything with the palatino name on it. But if they're goin' REALLY cheap, try them out, you might like them. I'd still be scared though
  3. I saw those too. After throwing away some money... And feeling very stupid about it, my humble advise would be to stay away from these strings, and from Mathias Thoma strings as well.

I believe the best way to save money with strings is to buy long lasting ones you won't feel like changing soon or hurt yourself with. Depending in your bass, high tension strings can be really frustrating.

If you are confortable with tension, try Spirocore medium, weich (light) if you like less tension. I don't believe anyone is doing a mistake in buying these strings. You'll find many people on this board telling their Spiros lived as long as some biblical characters.

BUT, if you are looking for some metal ropes to tie solidly your boat for the winter, these Palatino might be excellent !
  4. Alexi David

Alexi David

May 15, 2003
    Or for replacing cabling on the Brooklyn Bridge
  5. OK, OK I get the point :cool:

I'll stick with my Corellis.

Thanks, folks.