1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Have You Made Money With Your Online Music?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bongolation, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    For the past several years I have been listening to all the hype about how online music sites are going to revolutionize music distribution and royalty collection for the independent artist and songwriter -- but so far I have not heard any success stories, just more promises and more sites making them.

The more I look at it, the more it looks like it's all just a morass of bad amateur music that nobody wants to buy or download or wade through to find the good stuff. Nobody I know has made a cent from these sites yet.

Have you? Was it worth the effort? Was it a good deal, or was it a ripoff? Is it all just wishful thinking? What? :confused:

Thanks for any solid, first-hand information!

2. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Why, just the other day, I got a deposit for about $20 into my checking account from CD Baby for the last 50 digital sales of our stuff.

Not even close to our in-person CD sales, but nothing to sneeze at. No extra cost to us, more exposure, what's not to like?